O's offense ready to get hot

wildcard

Pedro has been missing from the offense for 5 games. He and Kim facing right-handed pitching will help the offense. Good to be at Camden.

Right now the projection is that the O's only face two lefty starters the rest of August.

Offense should heat up. Pitching is a question mark. Tillman's shoulder, Bundy's ankle and Miley has to show more than what he has do far.

The club is last in OPS and BA vs LHP in the AL. Trumbo is hitting under .200. Amazing the team is 17-17 vs lefties.

Kind of surprising, considering that five of our regular starters are right handed and a sixth is a switch hitter. I recall that when we got Alvarez the thinking was that we needed him to balance our RH-heavy lineup. Also, Trumbo in the past has hit LHP much better than RHP.

Lat 30 games for Trumbo has not been good besides the homers. At least Davis has over .300 .OBP. Trumbo has one two hit game in his last 23 games.

AB R H HR RBI BB K SB AVG OBP SLG

113 11 17 6 17 6 34 0 .150 .193 .345

I know this has been discussed a million times but if Fowler was here it would have helped so much. Trumbo would have mainly been a DH. We lack a lead off hitter. Real shame they didn't close the deal. Trumbo never been a good second half player.

Kind of surprising, considering that five of our regular starters are right handed and a sixth is a switch hitter. I recall that when we got Alvarez the thinking was that we needed him to balance our RH-heavy lineup. Also, Trumbo in the past has hit LHP much better than RHP.

Trumbo has 10 homers but overall hasn't been good. I thought in previous seasons some of our RH hitters were better off of RHP. Reimold has been miscast in a platoon role and Rickard who was hitting LHP well got hurt. Manny is really the only regular hitting lefties well, Wieters has been poor.

This was a fairly prescient thread, at least for one day. Lately, we've had some big one-game explosions but gone right back to struggling the next day. It would be nice to see the offense go on a true tear. If Davis is truly heating up, that would make a huge difference.

Archived