Offseason target: Josh Reddick?

Frobby

Josh Reddick strikes me as one of those hitters who would flourish playing in Camden Yards and the other AL East stadiums. He's only had two seasons over 20 homers (including 32 in 2012), but I'd bet he'd hit close to 30 in an Orioles uniform if we could keep him healthy. He'd also be a defensive upgrade for us. I'd like to see us explore him this offseason.

I always thought that Steven Souza Jr. would be a gem too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Possible. I haven't done a close examination of the 2016-17 FA class. The reason I think it may be less is that Reddick has been pretty fragile over the years, only exceeding 115 games twice. It's risky to give a guy like that a lot of years.

Yoenis Cespedes (31) — can opt out of remaining two years, $47.5MM on current contract

Chris Coghlan (32)

Coco Crisp (37) — $13MM vesting/club option with a $750K buyout

Rajai Davis (35)

Alejandro De Aza (33)

Ian Desmond (31)

Craig Gentry (33)

Matt Holliday (37) — $17MM club/vesting option with $1MM buyout

Brandon Moss (33)

Daniel Nava (34)

Angel Pagan (35)

Ryan Raburn (36)

Colby Rasmus (30)

Michael Saunders (30)

Eric Thames (30)

Center Fielders

Michael Bourn (34)

Yoenis Cespedes (31) — can opt out of remaining two years, $47.5MM on current contract

Coco Crisp (37) — $13MM vesting/club option with a $750K buyout

Rajai Davis (35)

Ian Desmond (31)

Dexter Fowler (31) — $9MM mutual option with a $5MM buyout

Carlos Gomez (31)

Austin Jackson (30)

Jon Jay (32)

Cameron Maybin (30) — $9MM club option with a $1MM buyout

Drew Stubbs (32)

Right Fielders

Gregor Blanco (33)

Peter Bourjos (30)

Marlon Byrd (39)

Jose Bautista (36)

Carlos Beltran (39)

Jay Bruce (30) — $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout

Franklin Gutierrez (34)

Matt Joyce (32)

Daniel Nava (34)

Josh Reddick (30)

Seth Smith (34) — $7MM club option with a $250K buyout

Ichiro Suzuki (43) – $2MM club option

Mark Trumbo (31)

Saunders, Reddick or Rasmus?

Josh Reddick strikes me as one of those hitters who would flourish playing in Camden Yards and the other AL East stadiums. He's only had two seasons over 20 homers (including 32 in 2012), but I'd bet he'd hit close to 30 in an Orioles uniform if we could keep him healthy. He'd also be a defensive upgrade for us. I'd like to see us explore him this offseason.

Gone to the Dodgers.

Mancini's pretty one dimensional. 1B/DH unless this OF doesn't have much of a bat why would they do that trade.

Just a wild guess but maybe some team needs a 24 year old first baseman that can hit for power and average and has three options left. Just maybe.

Just a wild guess but maybe some team needs a 24 year old first baseman that can hit for power and average and has three options left. Just maybe.

Mancini has slumped quite a bit lately. His OPS is well below .800 now, which means he's slightly above Christian Walker but not head and shoulders above. I doubt you could trade him one for one for someone capable of being a starting OF in the majors.

Possible. I haven't done a close examination of the 2016-17 FA class. The reason I think it may be less is that Reddick has been pretty fragile over the years, only exceeding 115 games twice. It's risky to give a guy like that a lot of years.

In last year's market you may be right, you have Bautista,Fowler and no one else, middling talent is getting overpaid. By the way, Cespedes has said he has no intentions of using his opt out clause. Said so like two weeks ago.

I hope we release a few people. I don't see much help in the minors right now. I get that feeling reading Buck's comments on MASN that he thinks the same thing.

Minor League releases happen all the time. A list would astound many if populated every Month for every MiLB team. An example is those players released from the New York-Penn League last March. You can see it here.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=127&sid=t488

I'm starting to question the value of Mancini and what he would bring in a potential trade. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him to fill and obvious need such as SP or COF. But let's face facts. He's not a top 100 prospect and I'm starting to think he would just be a throw-in piece to a bigger deal.

My bet is Mancini gets a lot of at bats at DH for the Orioles in 2017 and saves the team a lot of money. Hoping he produces.

Archived