• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some encouraging numbers:

Orioles vs. RHP this year:

.263/.322/.461 (.783) - 2nd highest in AL

Compared to vs. LHP:

.234/.301/.391 (.692) - dead LAST in AL

I'd be pretty livid if I was a Toronto fan I think.

Stroman has 4 starts against us this year:

4/19 - 7 innings, 3 ER

6/9 - 5.1 innings, 4 ER

6/19 - 3.2 innings, 7 ER

9/29 - 7 innings, 4 ER

total - 23 innings, 18 ER (7.04 ERA)

Yea I'd be livid.

Here's hoping Tilly is on his game.

So nobody wants to see Alvarez in this game? I know it's tough with the commitment to play Kim and Bourn now but he kills Stroman and is a dangerous bat left sitting on the bench.

I think in this game, defense and speed wins out over power. Kim and Bourn both bring a unique element to the lineup that Alvarez does not. Kim's OBP and Bourn's defense and speed are too valuable to leave on the bench.

I think Gibbons will be going to Liriano after 2 or 3 innings regardless of the score. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I am thinking. There has been a lot of talk from their side about how Liriano will play a factor. Although not unique to him, Storman does struggle third time through the order. I think in Gibbons' mind he can get Kim and (if he starts) Alvarez out of the lineup earlier for inferior players by bringing in the lefty. It would not surprise me at all if 18 batters is Stroman's upward limit and possibly sooner depending on where Davis/Kim/Alvarez/Bourn bat in the lineup.

It will be interesting to see how Buck plays it when/if that happens. I am not sure I would necessarily get Kim out right away. If Liriano enters in the third or fourth, he is not finishing the game in all likelihood and probably not going much past the 7th. I would hate to burn Kim because Liriano comes in, Liriano throws two innings, and then we are left with Reimold or whoever batting in his place the rest of the game. Should be a lot to think about.

Archived