Stroman starts

evenparthrough9

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a little surprised. Our lineup is RH heavy, but we have done poorly against LHP and Liriano shut us down in line for the win before Kim's big bomb.

The RHP also makes Bourne a lock to start and I like him in the lineup.

My lineup would be:

Jones

Kim

Machado

Trumbo

Wieters

Davis

Schoop

Hardy

Bourne

Baseball managers are a risk averse people in general. Stroman is the Blue Jays guy - started opening day for them, came up in their system, part of their core long term. He was always going to get the nod - better to lose the "right way" then to take a chance on someone like Liriano - even if Liriano is likely a tougher match up for us. Likewise, we will go with Tillman - too much risk in UJ or Bundy - you can't credibly be second guessed going with Tillman. I think both Bundy and UJ are likely better bets right now than Tillman - but Tillman is our guy - started opening day - started Game 1 of the ALDS and ALCS last time - he'll get the nod

I think that's what it will be.

I'd like;

Kim

Bourn

Manny

Trumbo

Wieters

Chris

Adam

Schoop

JJ

I see that you want the contact hitters and speed at top of lineup; I think buck just sees it as "get my core guys as many at bats as possible" method.

My only real beef is davis doesn't deserve to be batting anything before 7th. I would bat him 8th even but I put him at 6th just to break up R/L order basically.

Archived