Would You Trade Chris Davis in a Salary Dump

Aristotelian

Would you offer Chris Davis and a B prospect (Mountcastle? Reyes?) for a D prospect  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer Chris Davis and a B prospect (Mountcastle? Reyes?) for a D prospect

• Yes
    • No

This board honestly might be best served by going dark for about three months. At this point, morale is so low that it feels like 90 percent of the posters here hate literally every player on this team.

Not true. The OH loves the offseason. We over performed all expectations this year. The only fans that are upset are the recent ones and the we should just rebuild and trade everyone. You can never make them happy.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basically.

Why even poll the fanbase when it seems like half of them are totally disconnected from reality. Guy hits three dingers, sign him for 7 years at $whatever. Strikes out three times the next day and he's a DFA candidate.

I remember making a thread defending Arrieta and everyone howled with laughter. I don't care anymore. Trying to discuss baseball seriously is pointless.

This is broad brushing. 85 percent of this board voted against firing Buck. That's 85 percent who I consider to be reasonable people.

The market dictated that this was a bad contract from the start considering there were no other offers out there and we bid against ourselves over a three month period. I'm still dumbfounded that we gave him seven years. The dead weight we are going to be carrying for the last two or three years of this contract is not worth the production we are going to get in the first few years. Why wouldn't we want to get rid of it at any point possible? There is nothing irrational about that.

This is broad brushing. 85 percent of this board voted against firing Buck. That's 85 percent who I consider to be reasonable people.

The market dictated that this was a bad contract from the start considering there were no other offers out there and we bid against ourselves over a three month period. I'm still dumbfounded that we gave him seven years. The dead weight we are going to be carrying for the last two or three years of this contract is not worth the production we are going to get in the first few years. Why wouldn't we want to get rid of it at any point possible? There is nothing irrational about that.

You may be right but they sure are a loud minority aren't they.

I think it will be revealed this offseason that he has had some type of hand injury that never completely healed and believe that he will bounce back next season to better numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good call.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/10/showalter-on-davis-hand-injury-and-the-challenge-it-presented.html

Not true. The OH loves the offseason. We over performed all expectations this year. The only fans that are upset are the recent ones and the we should just rebuild and trade everyone. You can never make them happy.

Sure you can, you just need to trade everyone and rebuild.

Boom! Happy.

Sure you can, you just need to trade everyone and rebuild.

Boom! Happy.

Nah. They'll never be happy with the rebuild even if it's complete. DD is either too stupid to pull off decent trades or distracted by the fact that he's still pining for Toronto, remember?

Nah. They'll never be happy with the rebuild even if it's complete. DD is either too stupid to pull off decent trades or distracted by the fact that he's still pining for Toronto, remember?

All it would take for me to be happy is for Dan to quit selling draft picks and forfeiting them for the likes of Ubaldo and Gallardo.

The contract is going to prove terrible for the Os unless they can sell high on it, meaning I think you have to grit your teeth and hope that Davis has a big year in the next year or two, a season that might tantalize another team to part with a decent prospect or two.

I think any trade probably requires that the Os pay a portion of the remaining contract value, though.

Davis had the kind of offensive season that I would have accepted for the fourth year of his contract, not the first.... Meh.

Archived