Not who you want, who do you expect to win the Series?

scOtt

Who will win it?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win it?

• Boston
    • Toronto
    • Texas
    • Cleveland
    • Washington
    • Chicago
    • San Francisco
    • Los Angeles

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

The Indians have never hosted Game One of the World Series.

In 1920, 1948, and 1954, it was the National League's turn (even years) to host the first 2 games of the World Series (in 1920, they went with a 3-4-2 format, and a best-of-9 series.)

The 1994 strike changed the rotation of home field advantage, making the American League champion the team that hosted Game One of the World Series in the even years ........ hence, when the Indians won the Pennant in 1995 and 1997, they were once again on the road to start the World Series both times.

Cleveland..As I said. Indians win Series too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. They look like Boston of 2013, team chemistry wise.. I live in Columbus and had a friend last week ask me if I wanted to go to game 6 of ALCS and I said sure.. I could harass Bautista in RF. Oh well.. next time.

o

The Indians have never hosted Game One of the World Series.

In 1920, 1948, and 1954, it was the National League's turn (even years) to host the first 2 games of the World Series (in 1920, they went with a 3-4-2 format, and a best-of-9 series.)

The 1994 strike changed the rotation of home field advantage, making the American League champion the team that hosted Game One of the World Series in the even years ........ hence, when the Indians won the Pennant in 1995 and 1997, they were once again on the road to start the World Series both times.

o

Until now.

On Tuesday, October 25th of 2016, the Cleveland Indians will host Game One of the World Series for the first time ever.

Archived