Olney on Potential Replacements

Birds08

Here is a name I'm surprised hasn't been talked about.....not saying I'd choose him....but what about Frank Robinson?

I seriously doubt this. I don't believe that Frank cares for Angelos at all. When he was canned from his front office job, it left a very bad taste in his mouth.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the Orioles' bullpen continued to blow game after game, I began to laugh a little more each time at how ludicrous this team has become.

Dempsey being named manager would be the big, loud guffaw cementing Angelos' complete and absolute cluelessness for all time to come!

Agreed. I know I laid out why Dempsey could be the one, but I think that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Here is a name I'm surprised hasn't been talked about.....not saying I'd choose him....but what about Frank Robinson?

no way this happens, Frank has openly criticized the organization and the FO. Plus, and the biggest reason most likely, he would never work for Angelos again...he said during a comcast interview how much he loves the O's but how sad of an organization they have become

It'd be pretty classless of Dempsey to continue to appear on TV and criticize the team if he's in negotiations to take over. He basically scolded the media today though for asking Sam about his job situation, saying it was 'private', which seemed like a strange thing to say.

It would be par for the course for him, considering he was criticizing the manager while he was a coach looking to take over.

With the possible exception of Davey Johnson, every name I've seen mentioned so far is either a tremendous longshot to be offered the job, or a horrible choice.

Horrible choices:

Baker

Murray

Dempsey

Robinson

Just forget it:

Hoiles

Surhoff

Bordick

Ripken

Wow what a depressing thread.

With the possible exception of Davey Johnson, every name I've seen mentioned so far is either a tremendous longshot to be offered the job, or a horrible choice.

Horrible choices:

Baker

Murray

Dempsey

Robinson

Just forget it:

Hoiles

Surhoff

Bordick

Ripken

Wow what a depressing thread.

I think you Organized them wrong.

Fan Favorites:

Murray

Dempsey

Robinson

Hoiles

Surhoff

Bordick

Ripken

Others that PA Saw on ESPN:

Baker

I think you Organized them wrong.

Fan Favorites:

Murray

Dempsey

Robinson

Hoiles

Surhoff

Bordick

Ripken

Others that PA Saw on ESPN:

Baker

Personally I'd scratch BJ and even Dempsey from my "fan favorite" list. In any event, no fan favorite should become nanager!! End of story.

Personally I'd scratch BJ and even Dempsey from my "fan favorite" list. In any event, no fan favorite should become nanager!! End of story.

Agree on both accounts. But, I have a sick feeling that PA sees hiring a "fan favorite" as a way to boost attendance without redoing his precious team.

Archived