When Dan says, "To me he's a closer"...

Orange

On 12/13/2016 at 0:16 PM, theobird said:

Exactly! I would be more than happy to take a Haul for Britton right now, and go with Brach, Givens and O'day at the back of the pen. Trading ZB right now is the only smart thing to do. Yes, I love Britton he is a stud. But in the business of ML baseball it is time

How do you feel about trading ZB and still dangling Brach?  Personally I think Givens and a healthy O'Day might be better suited to close.  Imagine the haul we get in return for essentially two (although a very valuable two) relief pitchers.  

The question is can we still assemble a competitive bullpen on 2017 without both Brach and Britton?  

Hart, O'Day, Givens, Drake (he's my sleeper), McFarland/Aquino?, Verret, Ondrsek/FA/return for one of our SP?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

How do you feel about trading ZB and still dangling Brach?  Personally I think Givens and a healthy O'Day might be better suited to close.  Imagine the haul we get in return for essentially two (although a very valuable two) relief pitchers.  

The question is can we still assemble a competitive bullpen on 2017 without both Brach and Britton?  

Hart, O'Day, Givens, Drake (he's my sleeper), McFarland/Aquino?, Verret, Ondrsek/FA/return for one of our SP?

Your bullpen would be considerably worse...McFarland has been bad, Aquino hasn't done much, Drake?, and Ondrasek was awful. 

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Your bullpen would be considerably worse...McFarland has been bad, Aquino hasn't done much, Drake?, and Ondrasek was awful. 

No doubt; I'm saying try to construct a bullpen in that scenario.  Don't sleep on Drake; I think there is something there with him, killed it the past few seasons in high minors, and he killed it after he was called up Aug 31st.  

Who is out there in FA that we could add; or do we have any hidden value in the system already.  I think we can put a bullpen together in 2017 that wouldn't be considerably worse without Brach and Britton.

And is it worth it if the return we get for Brach, Britton, and one of our SPs is MLB ready?

Archived