More Pitching

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I was about to say. You guys are funny if you think Bundy is a shoe in. Everyone knows how this team loves veteranosity and screwing around with young pitchers. 

If he had an option remaining I would agree with you.

He only got good in the bullpen when they treated him like a starter.

Unless something drastic happens he's in the rotation.

15 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Do we need it or do you think the pitching staff is good enough for next season?

Is this a serious question?:)

If the Orioles go with what they have right now. ...write this down...they will be competing with Tampa for last place.

DD has assembled an awe-inspiring list of overpaid and inept starters on the backend. If Gausman or Tillman goes down, Tampa beats us.

So yeah, I guess we do need to address the staff, but will they? DD never surprises me. He thinks he can hit his way out of everything I guess.

14 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we're set with the pitching staff.  It might not be the best but I don't see the players changing.  The rotation could improve the way it did in the 2nd half of last year, just plus a healthy Tillman.  

MLB: Tillman, Gausman, Bundy, Ubaldo, Miley/Gallardo

Depth: Miley/Gallardo, Verrett, Wilson, Gunkel, Wright

Bullpen: Britton, Brach, O'day, Givens, Hart, Miley/Gallardo, Drake

Bullpen Depth: Depth SP's, Ondrusek, Liranzo, Bridwell, Acquino, Garcia.

This actually made my stomach queasy reading it.

But nah, we are good. I am sure if we try the same thing year in and year out, we will get different results.

26 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Is this a serious question?:)

If the Orioles go with what they have right now. ...write this down...they will be competing with Tampa for last place.

DD has assembled an awe-inspiring list of overpaid and inept starters on the backend. If Gausman or Tillman goes down, Tampa beats us.

So yeah, I guess we do need to address the staff, but will they? DD never surprises me. He thinks he can hit his way out of everything I guess.

Yet again, you go over the top.

DD finds a way to win, and you will never give him credit.

Write this down, they are not competing for last place.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Yet again, you go over the top.

DD finds a way to win, and you will never give him credit.

Write this down, they are not competing for last place.

LOL-I am counting our rings now:) So your definition of winning is making it to a wild card game?

He isn't winning. Manny Machado is one of the best players in baseball and Chris Davis one of the best power hitters and Adam Jones one of the best leaders, I don't see you giving them credit constantly.

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

LOL-I am counting our rings now:) So your definition of winning is making it to a wild card game?

He isn't winning. Manny Machado is one of the best players in baseball and Chris Davis one of the best power hitters and Adam Jones one of the best leaders, I don't see you giving them credit constantly.

counting rings, so every season, there is one winner and 31 losers?

Are you too young to remember 14 years of pure hell?

You dont see me giving them credit? Are you serious, I get flamed on here right and left for being a homer and a Buck apologiest and not being critical enough.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Are you too young to remember 14 years of pure hell?

Low standards-like 2am in college. Not the way to a championship.

If your goal, which clearly it is, is NOT to be the worst, then you should be championing the O's to trade Britton, right?

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You dont see me giving them credit? Are you serious, I get flamed on here right and left for being a homer and a Buck apologiest and not being critical enough.

Most of this board isn't grounded in reality:)

2 hours ago, Rene88 said:

This actually made my stomach queasy reading it.

But nah, we are good. I am sure if we try the same thing year in and year out, we will get different results.

Your other team the Nats would kill for that bullpen.  I'm willing to bet that our starters would perform just as well as the Nats rotation if we got to play in the NL East.  

2 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Low standards-like 2am in college. Not the way to a championship.

If your goal, which clearly it is, is NOT to be the worst, then you should be championing the O's to trade Britton, right?

Why, its an assinie idea to trade Britton? IMO

Even wildcard teams can win WS now, the goal is to make the playoffs and go from there. The best team, doesn't always actually win the WS.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Scherezer is the real deal and has nothing to do with being in the NL East.

He is.  But put him on the NYY and let him have to face BOS, BAL, TOR 10-12 starts a year with a DH and see if he dominates the same way.  He'd be great but his ERA would suffer.  

Strasburg- might be done.  2nd TJ

Gio- 4.5 ERA in the NL

Roark and Ross are SP's with ok stuff that benefit from pitching in the NL. See Bud Norris, Scott Feldman, Jason Hammel as examples.    

I just don't see what is so impressive with that staff.  I'd rather have our staff and great bullpen to face AL lineups.  

Archived