What Will Happen to Wieters?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to think of who else has worn both the Oriole and National uniform.  It's not a long list.

Did McLouth ever play for them in a game that counted or did he get injured and miss the entire season after they signed him?

I know Jeffrey Hammond's played for the Nats.  I actually was at a game at RFK where he walked off the Brewers.

Anyone else?  Standing in a boarding line at Newark Airport, I am drawing a blank.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I was trying to think of who else has worn both the Oriole and National uniform.  It's not a long list.

Did McLouth ever play for them in a game that counted or did he get injured and miss the entire season after they signed him?

I know Jeffrey Hammond's played for the Nats.  I actually was at a game at RFK where he walked off the Brewers.

Anyone else?  Standing in a boarding line at Newark Airport, I am drawing a blank.

One of the Post articles listed about 10 guys, most of whom only had a cup of coffee with one team or the other.    Off the top of my head from having read that: Nate McLouth, Daniel Cabrera, Luis Matos, Nick Johnson, Jerry Hairston, Jr. were a few.    The article mentioned that there has never been a trade between the O's and the Nats, though the Nats have had at least one trade with every other major league team since moving to D.C.

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

Here's the full list: http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/multifranchise.cgi?level=team&t1=BAL-BAL&t2=WSN-WSN

It's a real Whitman's Sampler of terrible, terrible players.

22 hours ago, SteveA said:

Davey Johnson. Broke my heart to see him in a Nats uni.  

On 2/23/2017 at 2:13 PM, SteveA said:

I personally saw 1/8th of McLouth's hits with the Nats.  I've only been to two games at Nats Park, and one was a game that McLouth came into the game hitting .143 and left hitting .182.  He started the game 12-for-84 on the season and went 4-for-4.  The rest of his season/career he was 8-for-51.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I personally saw 1/8th of McLouth's hits with the Nats.  I've only been to two games at Nats Park, and one was a game that McLouth came into the game hitting .143 and left hitting .182.  He started the game 12-for-84 on the season and went 4-for-4.  The rest of his season/career he was 8-for-51.

Wouldn't that be 1/6?  Or did you go to the concession stand?

Archived