They All Break

weams

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It was said that he worked with a weighted ball, same as Tyler Wilson did a couple of years ago.   I believe the first I eve heard of that was a reliever for the Mariners whose name I can't remember right now.

Britton also did it, before his breakout season.  

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

And Kline was trying to make it as a SP by overthrowing.  IMO if we would have left him in the pen he'd at least have Drake's spot by now.  

I disagree. Arms all break. No way to predict. Or prevent. Except to throw slow. 

There’s some degree of uncertainty surrounding Drew Smyly’s left arm, writes Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Smyly was scratched from his scheduled start this coming Friday due to the fact that he didn’t feel good coming out of his last bullpen session. The southpaw was slated to meet with the Mariners’ team doctor today, with manager Scott Servais nebulously stating that Smyly’s arm felt “soggy.” As MLB.com’s Greg Johns tweets, Servais said following today’s contest that he’s yet to receive an update on Smyly’s condition. It’s not known what type of tests Smyly underwent or what level of concern the Mariners are currently harboring, but the situation is certainly worth monitoring as Opening Day looms. The initial plan, according to Divish, was to shut Smyly down from throwing for a couple of days. The results of his examination could, of course, alter that trajectory.

WBC casualty.

mlbtraderumors.com

On 3/30/2017 at 10:08 AM, weams said:

There’s some degree of uncertainty surrounding Drew Smyly’s left arm, writes Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Smyly was scratched from his scheduled start this coming Friday due to the fact that he didn’t feel good coming out of his last bullpen session. The southpaw was slated to meet with the Mariners’ team doctor today, with manager Scott Servais nebulously stating that Smyly’s arm felt “soggy.” As MLB.com’s Greg Johns tweets, Servais said following today’s contest that he’s yet to receive an update on Smyly’s condition. It’s not known what type of tests Smyly underwent or what level of concern the Mariners are currently harboring, but the situation is certainly worth monitoring as Opening Day looms. The initial plan, according to Divish, was to shut Smyly down from throwing for a couple of days. The results of his examination could, of course, alter that trajectory.

WBC casualty.

mlbtraderumors.com

Lugo too.

Archived