They All Break

weams

54 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

Don't know that I agree with that. I assume pitchers in spring training don't throw at max effort all the time. I assume pitchers in the WBC are playing to win, not just tune up for the season, so they throw harder an with more purpose than ST. 

That's my thought too. The only guys I imagine are giving max effort in ST are guys trying to make the team or prospects trying to impress. The veterans are just putting their work in.

I count 81 pitchers on this list who are currently injured.    That's 2.7 per team.   About 9 of those are carryover injuries from 2016.    I don't know how many of these guys pitched in the WBC, but in any event, there are plenty of guys who did not pitch in the WBC who are hurt.    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/

The most interesting injury is Brian Flynn of the Royals:  "Injured falling through barn roof in February; expected to miss eight weeks as of Feb. 14 update."

On 4/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, Frobby said:

I count 81 pitchers on this list who are currently injured.    That's 2.7 per team.   About 9 of those are carryover injuries from 2016.    I don't know how many of these guys pitched in the WBC, but in any event, there are plenty of guys who did not pitch in the WBC who are hurt.    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/

The most interesting injury is Brian Flynn of the Royals:  "Injured falling through barn roof in February; expected to miss eight weeks as of Feb. 14 update."

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/wbc-injuries-gregorius-yankees-piscotty-cardinals-rockies-twins-rangers-odor-ken-rosenthal-040717?sf68882312=1

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

Must reading for anyone who wants to argue about the injury risk in the WBC.  

Life happens - anywhere and everywhere - if not the WBC, the Olympics, walking down the steps in stocking feet to move the car (Dustin Johnson) then ST itself.  It's all a crap shoot! 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

It's interesting how often we've been able to bail Ubaldo out.   He has a 26-31 record with the O's, but the team is 41-39 in games he's started.   

That's telling. So if they had trotted out a starter   In his place who could go 6 innings and give up 3 runs, how many more games might they have won?

I really like Ubaldo as a person and I root for him every time he's on the mound, if only to prove the naysayers wrong and sort out his mechanics, but he sure doesn't make it easy most of the time.