Joey Rickard

weams

37 minutes ago, Natty said:

Rickard is fast, can steal bases. A plus outfielder. Hits lefties pretty good. Can't hit right handers, and thats what, 90% of the pitchers? 

He wasn't playing plus outfielder in ST, he was playing very timid. He also isn't hitting AAA pitching.

They need to bring up an infielder, right not bench is empty.

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Rickard is a better fielder, faster, and hits better than Santander. I must be missing something. 

And how many chances has Rickard gotten?  If Santander is going to be up for 2 weeks then down to the minors. What's the rush? You could have the reincarnation of Babe Ruth and that still wouldn't be enough to win. 

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

And how many chances has Rickard gotten?  If Santander is going to be up for 2 weeks then down to the minors. What's the rush? You could have the reincarnation of Babe Ruth and that still wouldn't be enough to win. 

Well if you look at his stats with the O's  ... He would be our 3rd best hitter, and our best base stealer, and maybe our best fielding outfielder. 

31 minutes ago, Natty said:

Well if you look at his stats with the O's  ... He would be our 3rd best hitter, and our best base stealer, and maybe our best fielding outfielder. 

Gentry is 5 for 5 in SB this year.  Hard to make a definitive statement about defense given the sample size but I think Gentry has him there as well.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gentry is 5 for 5 in SB this year.  Hard to make a definitive statement about defense given the sample size but I think Gentry has him there as well.

Look up last year's stolen base attempts with the O's. Compare Gentry to Rickard. Report back...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Natty said:

Look up last year's stolen base attempts with the O's. Compare Gentry to Rickard. Report back...

I know what he did last year.

I also know Jones was only a partial liability in CF last year and Joseph could hit his weight.

Fourth outfielder is one of the few areas that has been going OK.