Britton injured - DL

Babypowder

11 hours ago, Natty said:

First our #1 starter. Now our closer...

Seems like parting the Red Sea for the MFY's.  They are the most blessed team in the history of sports.  We will see how much Britton will be missed when we play the MFY's next week. And the Red Sox.  A serious detrimental loss for the O's.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Id take a shot a Sedlock as a 1 inning guy.

Sedlock?  The guy has pitched 38 innings in his professional career, none above Single A.  Though he has pitched well, he has not dominated.  He's 21 years old and still a ways away from meaningfully contributing to MLB roster.  Starting his clock now over a 10 Day DL to Britton smacks of desperation.  I'd turn Wright into a reliever for 1 inning before I'd make a move like that.  In no way am I advocating Wright joining the Orioles; but it seems long past the time to convert that guy to a reliever.  

8 minutes ago, Punchandjudy said:

Sedlock?  The guy has pitched 38 innings in his professional career, none above Single A.  Though he has pitched well, he has not dominated.  He's 21 years old and still a ways away from meaningfully contributing to MLB roster.  Starting his clock now over a 10 Day DL to Britton smacks of desperation.  I'd turn Wright into a reliever for 1 inning before I'd make a move like that.  In no way am I advocating Wright joining the Orioles; but it seems long past the time to convert that guy to a reliever.  

No way we're seeing Sedlock now.   

30 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yep protocol, makes sense... just that I heard voices in the media saying that he wasn't even going to have an MRI when it was first announced that he was going to 10 day DL

Iremember hearing that too. Hopefully this is just being done to cover their bases and not because of discomfort closer to the elbow.

Archived