Should Palmeiro Be Welcomed Back?

ORIOLE33

Or has he already been back? I don't live in the Baltimore area, so I don't go to the games. I don't ever recall him coming back since the steroids scandal. Why I ask, during this college baseball rain delay, they're airing a special about the Miss St team that Palmeiro and Will Clark played on. 

And baseball has welcomed back McGwire for a while and Bonds, in recent years have been back. So haven't A-Rod. But Palmeiro has been virtually forgotten. Is it the finger waving he gave congress that's keeping him out?

I think it's been long enough and Palmeiro should be welcomed back. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Or has he already been back? I don't live in the Baltimore area, so I don't go to the games. I don't ever recall him coming back since the steroids scandal. Why I ask, during this college baseball rain delay, they're airing a special about the Miss St team that Palmeiro and Will Clark played on. 

And baseball has welcomed back McGwire for a while and Bonds, in recent years have been back. So haven't A-Rod. But Palmeiro has been virtually forgotten. Is it the finger waving he gave congress that's keeping him out?

I think it's been long enough and Palmeiro should be welcomed back. 

I think he should be welcomed back.

Of course he should be welcomed back.  He provided the Orioles with one of the best 5 year runs from any player in history and was vital to the 96 and 97 playoff teams.  As for the PED's, we've signed and played numerous players who have admitted or who have proven PED use in their past (Cruz, Roberts, Asher, recently Montero).  Why should those players who had done nothing for the O's previously be welcomed with open arms and Palmeiro, who did quite a bit, shunned?  

Archived