vs. WHITE SOX, 6/15

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Roy Firestone said:

This kid doesn't belong in the big leaguea. Does anyone really believe Tillman pitched "well"?

He doesn't have much left Roy. Who in the hell thinks he was good? If Zach and O'Day are here he is yanked earlier. 

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Find me a team that uses its closer in the 7th in a non-playoff game and we'll have this debate.

I think their have been a few but the overwhelming majority don't do it.  Their is merit to the idea though, as situations like this are bound to more high leverage than the 9th.

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

I no this has been debated in the past but why not bring in Brach. The game was on the line right then. Now it is over and we sure won't need a "closer"

It's useless to even ask that. If he didn't bring in Britton in the WC game, of course he wouldn't bring Brach in this situation. He is stubborn as a mule and can't think outside the box.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

This kid doesn't belong in the big leaguea. Does anyone really believe Tillman pitched "well"?

Dempsey probably will.  Heck, he said Asher pitched well two nights ago. Using one pitch and giving up 6 runs is pretty good.  I forgot how embarrassed I felt for him when we are bad.  He's the biggest homer, which is fun, but man....  you can't be saying Asher pitched well when he gave up 6 runs.  

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Eh. Maybe?

It's possibly splitting hairs. I just don't respect the process by Buck.

It's clear as day that Tillman doesn't have it. Trotting him out there for the 6th was largely irresponsible considering the velocity loss and reliance on secondary pitches. 

That said, it's also largely irresponsible to not control the roster better. This team has routinely played down a man on the bench or in the bullpen to avoid the use of the DL at times. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Dempsey probably will.  Heck, he said Asher pitched well two nights ago. Using one pitch and giving up 6 runs is pretty good.  I forgot how embarrassed I felt for him when we are bad.  He's the biggest homer, which is fun, but man....  you can't be saying Asher pitched well when he gave up 6 runs.  

Rick is legitimately paid by the team to try to remain positive. Can't fault him for doing his job. He's also friendly/friends with many of the players. He isn't going to trash his boys, nor does he have an obligation to. He's an Orioles employee, not the free press.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We could yank starters early here and there when our pen was healthy and we actually had some starters go deep. It won't matter but they need an 8 man pen. 

Archived