vs. WHITE SOX, 6/15

OFFNY

Just now, eddie83 said:

This game tells the story of this team. 

Dan was burned by Gausman, Tillman, Hart and pen injuries. A perfect storm. 

I'd argue that relying on Hart was fool's gold. As was relying on Tillman due to the injuries and what happened towards the end of 2017.

Gausman...nobody could have predicted. He's been the biggest disappointment by far.

But let's be honest here. Duquette brought in a bunch of AAAA talent. I'm not sure if that was a wise decision. I'd also argue that signing Trumbo wasn't a wise decision. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't care if we have to rebuild.  But can I please just see Scott in the pen and Mullins RF. That's all.  Heck, let Scott go 3IP up here every 5.  Every other SP only goes 3.  

If he stays within his innings limits I think we see him at some point. 

Keep in mind don't rush him just because this season is off the rails. Don't compound things. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

This game tells the story of this team. 

Dan was burned by Gausman, Tillman, Hart and pen injuries. A perfect storm. 

Tillman fizzled out last year. And it would have been silly to have too much faith in Hart.

Gausman is a disappointment, but Dan didn't get burned.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'd argue that relying on Hart was fool's gold. As was relying on Tillman due to the injuries and what happened towards the end of 2017.

Gausman...nobody could have predicted. He's been the biggest disappointment by far.

But let's be honest here. Duquette brought in a bunch of AAAA talent. I'm not sure if that was a wise decision. I'd also argue that signing Trumbo wasn't a wise decision. 

Hart is secondary but I thought he could at least get lefties out. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Castro has done good so far, he needs to stay on the team stop taking the shuttle back to Bowie for now.  

Yeah, I think it's time to stop shuttling the guys who are successful.   At least keep them up until they fail.   I was disappointed to see Verrett go down last week.

We now will probably have some moves.   Both Wright and Smith could be DL-bound.   And Yacobonis could be riding the shuttle.   Three new guys could be up (or if Darren can come off the DL Saturday, we could bring up an outfielder and a pitcher and him).

Verrett could come back up if Wright goes on the DL.

If Smith goes on the DL, unfortunately, we can't bring up Alvarez because we really need an actual human outfielder.   Dickerson?

And for  Yacobonis, maybe give Tanner Scott a shot?   Or he goes down when DOD comes off the DL, if that really is imminent.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Tillman fizzled out last year. And it would have been silly to have too much faith in Hart.

Gausman is a disappointment, but Dan didn't get burned.

I mean Dan deserves heat but this is almost a worst case scenario. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

We have a AAAA pitching staff right now and that may be a stretch. 

Yeah AAAA kinda means they've had success at AAA but can't hack it in the majors. I don't think we have anyone that has been successful at AAA

Duquette better DL Smith and Wright. Playing down 2 roster spots kills a club without much star power. They need versatility.

Also, what in the flying screw-all is with our scouting department when we opted to call up Yacabonis? Anybody would have seen this coming. His SO/BB is poor. His walk rate is worse than Ubaldo's. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I mean Dan deserves heat but this is almost a worst case scenario. 

He deserves a ton of heat. This isn't a worst case scenario. For goodness sakes his rotation was Ubaldo (awful), Miley (bad), Bundy (only part of a year as a starter), Tillman (hurt), and Gausman. What meaningful starting pitching depth did he sign? Nothing.

His pickups for the bullpen are/were all minor league depth for most clubs. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

He deserves a ton of heat. This isn't a worst case scenario. For goodness sakes his rotation was Ubaldo (awful), Miley (bad), Bundy (only part of a year as a starter), Tillman (hurt), and Gausman. What depth did he sign? Nothing.

His pickups for the bullpen are/were all minor league depth for most clubs. 

Trade his non prospects for good pitchers? 

Don't know why people are so opposed to a re-build. Supposedly the White Sox are just in the first year of a re-build and they are already better than the O's

Too bad we have O'day & Trumbo for 2 years and CD for another 5... makes it hard to hit the re-start button

Archived