vs. WHITE SOX, 6/15

OFFNY

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

It's possibly splitting hairs. I just don't respect the process by Buck.

It's clear as day that Tillman doesn't have it. Trotting him out there for the 6th was largely irresponsible considering the velocity loss and reliance on secondary pitches. 

That said, it's also largely irresponsible to not control the roster better. This team has routinely played down a man on the bench or in the bullpen to avoid the use of the DL at times. 

He has no trust in his pen arms. That simple. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LookitsPuck said:

It's possibly splitting hairs. I just don't respect the process by Buck.

It's clear as day that Tillman doesn't have it. Trotting him out there for the 6th was largely irresponsible considering the velocity loss and reliance on secondary pitches. 

That said, it's also largely irresponsible to not control the roster better. This team has routinely played down a man on the bench or in the bullpen to avoid the use of the DL at times. 

It comes to a point where Buck's hands are tied, because his guys just aren't performing. Tillman: Not performing. Gausman: Not performing. These were guys that were supposed to be the staples in this rotation. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Dempsey probably will.  Heck, he said Asher pitched well two nights ago. Using one pitch and giving up 6 runs is pretty good.  I forgot how embarrassed I felt for him when we are bad.  He's the biggest homer, which is fun, but man....  you can't be saying Asher pitched well when he gave up 6 runs.  

I made the mistake of turning on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Report the day after MIley's start and within one minute, I hear Dave Johnson trying to make the case that Miley pitched well. What is it with all the homers in the Baltimore media? It's sad really. I can't listen to them. This is why Palmer is so loved here because he is pretty much the ONLY guy that doesn't sugar coat stuff and doesn't insult people's intelligence.

Just now, eddie83 said:

He has no trust in his pen arms. That simple. 

Brach and Givens are the only ones that have earned trust.  The rest have proven nothing.  

We look like a team full of nobodies and vets that nobody else would pick up.  Problem is we're paying 170 million for this team.  

Here is how Robo-Showalter operates: starter goes at least six innings; reliever A goes in the seventh, reliever B goes in the eight; and closer goes in the ninth. If something deviates from this script, too bad, you are out of luck.

Just now, Sessh said:

I made the mistake of turning on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Report the day after MIley's start and within one minute, I hear Dave Johnson trying to make the case that Miley pitched well. What is it with all the homers in the Baltimore media? It's sad really. I can't listen to them. This is why Palmer is so loved here because he is pretty much the ONLY guy that doesn't sugar coat stuff and doesn't insult people's intelligence.

MASN is owned by the Orioles.  They are state controlled.  Newspapers aren't in doing so well anymore.  Who covers us?  We're the best O's news people.  

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Here is how Robo-Showalter operates: starter goes at least six innings; reliever A goes in the seventh, reliever B goes in the eight; and closer goes in the ninth. If something deviates from this script, too bad, you are out of luck.

So you want Brach starting the 6th inning?  

Archived