[Twitter] Astros trade was vetoed by other owner -- was it Angelos?

Enjoy Terror

I love how the first thing people do is try to poke holes in the story, instead of WAKING UP and seeing that nothing has changed, nor will EVER change with that old man at "the top". 

And LOL that "we don't know if it was for Britton". Just stop. Who the heck else were they trading for? There were MANY reports that deal was very close to being done a couple hours before 4pm. Then....poof gone. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TradeAngelos said:

I love how the first thing people do is try to poke holes in the story, instead of WAKING UP and seeing that nothing has changed, nor will EVER change with that old man at "the top". 

And LOL that "we don't know if it was for Britton". Just stop. Who the heck else were they trading for? There were MANY reports that deal was very close to being done a couple hours before 4pm. Then....poof gone. 

Yes, I'm sure the guy with the moniker TradeAngelos is the sober voice of reason in this discussion, while the rest of us are mindless sheeple with personal biases clouding our view.

8 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

I think 90% of us believe the Astros' owner was referring to a Britton deal with the Orioles.    But I was just pointing out that he didn't actually say that, contrary to the thread title.

8 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Yes, I'm sure the guy with the moniker TradeAngelos is the sober voice of reason in this discussion, while the rest of us are mindless sheeple with personal biases clouding our view.

Nailed it. Maybe one day you will wake up. Are you claiming that what I say about Angelos isn't true? I have 20 years of history on my side, what the heck do you have? Are you really defending this man? LOL.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think 90% of us believe the Astros' owner was referring to a Britton deal with the Orioles.    But I was just pointing out that he didn't actually say that, contrary to the thread title.

I hope so, but it is just so funny seeing how literally within 5 minutes of the post that people are trying to fit it into their little narrative instead of using their brain. And I wasn't referring to only you if you thought I was singling you out.  I wasn't.  You are the most level headed honest poster on this site, and I don't think that is up for debate.

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

I hope so, but it is just so funny seeing how literally within 5 minutes of the post that people are trying to fit it into their little narrative instead of using their brain. And I wasn't referring to only you if you thought I was singling you out.  I wasn't.  You are the most level headed honest poster on this site, and I don't think that is up for debate.

I don't know man, Drungo is pretty level headed and he doesn't have a fixation with Nick Markakis.

I want to debate it.

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

Nailed it. Maybe one day you will wake up. Are you claiming that what I say about Angelos isn't true? I have 20 years of history on my side, what the heck do you have? Are you really defending this man? LOL.

Did you want a deal with the Astros if it didn't include one of their top 5 prospects?

I think he gets too involved (for instance I think it's BS Dan has to get the okay to explore trades to sell players) but at the same time he has saved us from Roberts for Jurrjens +, and his emphasis on medicals has saved us from 2 or 3 bad contracts.  It's not like a GM can't sell.  Look at the Bedard trade.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh I certainly think it Angelos.

It fits in what we have heard over the years and the Astros were linked to Britton yesterday.

But that doesn't mean it was Angelos.

Right and we can't be certain it was OJ either.:rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Definitely worrisome, if true. I thought Angelos was leaving these decisions to his baseball people. If true, it does cut against the narrative that Angelos is super cheap, considering he would rather pay Britton for the remainder of this year and next year than trade him. It could also be a negotiating ploy to get the Astros to top their offer.

I think that $161M contract for Chris Davis (a year removed from that .196/.704 disaster) laid to rest any reputation of Angelos being super cheap. Quite the opposite. He will bid against himself for guys that he likes.

Just now, Frobby said:

I assume it's us, but while there were certainly reports of a trade being close, but there were also plenty of reports that what teams were offering were not that great. So I don't know if we can slam a deal not happening if we don't know what the potential return was. I wanted us to make some deals just as much as anyone, but I also wanted to get good value in return. If it's just middling prospects, I'm hanging on to Britton for a little while longer and hoping he can return to dominant form for the last two months of the season.

I just think it's funny that so many people bashed Duquette around the trade deadline for deals made and not made, but now it is assumed that there was a great deal on the table that was shot down by PA? I'll be the first to say that I have no idea what happened behind closed doors, but I don't think we have enough information to completely pass judgement either way here.    

4 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Did you want a deal with the Astros if it didn't include one of their top 5 prospects?

This. You're hitting the nail on the head. I doubt Angelos or Duquette really wanted to make a trade that didn't include one of their top 5 prospects. 

5 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think he gets too involved (for instance I think it's BS Dan has to get the okay to explore trades to sell players) but at the same time he has saved us from Roberts for Jurrjens +, and his emphasis on medicals has saved us from 2 or 3 bad contracts.  It's not like a GM can't sell.  Look at the Bedard trade.

Are you seriously implying that Angelos, with his vast knowledge about all things baseball and prospects, just saved the team from a bad deal? Please Lord tell me that is not what you are saying, because it really sounds like it is. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know man, Drungo is pretty level headed and he doesn't have a fixation with Nick Markakis.

I want to debate it.

He is so level headed that he hardly posts here any more, and where is Vatech?

Archived