[Twitter] Astros trade was vetoed by other owner -- was it Angelos?

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don't see any mention of what trade they were talking about -- I suppose it's reasonable to assume it was a trade with the Orioles involving Britton, but it doesn't actually say that.  

Rosenthal reported the Astros were nearing a deal with Britton yesterday, so I would think that's definitely reasonable.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don't see any mention of what trade they were talking about -- I suppose it's reasonable to assume it was a trade with the Orioles involving Britton, but it doesn't actually say that.  

No it doesn't. And reading the Twitter mentions it's pure speculation that it was the Britton deal. The title of this thread is VERY misleading. 

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Enough people on the Orioles thought it was great enough to pull the trigger on it.

So now DD is a great trader who can be counted on? I must have missed that in the other forums on his trades.  I'm not a DD basher, or an Angelos basher. Until I see the actual offer, I'm not going to assume we made a big mistake.

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Oh boy....

You would think it had to be Britton, but does it really matter what player was involved?

The fact that Angelos is still meddling to this extent is a big problem.  

It doesn't mention the Orioles at all -- though it's entirely likely that we were the other team involved.  

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Oh boy....

You would think it had to be Britton, but does it really matter what player was involved?

The fact that Angelos is still meddling to this extent is a big problem.  

Maybe he doesn't have any more faith than many of us that Duquette could actually make a good trade for the O's.

What we know:

Angelos allowed Dan to explore trades.

The expectation was a return that was better than for Chapman, lower than Miller

Gammons reported the Astros did not include any of the top 5 prospects.

Peter Angelos hates the yankees.

Of course this deal got vetoed, medical issues or not.

Archived