Santander

OriolesMagic83

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:35 PM, Beef Supreme said:

The Orioles would not be the only team deserving to be frowned upon. Take Atlanta, for example. The Braves drafted pitcher Dan Winkler in December, 2014 from Colorado. Winkler had received Tommy John surgery five months earlier, so everyone knew at the time of the draft that his timetable to return was expected to be somewhere around July, 2016 on a minor-league rehab stint. He ended up not making it to the Braves until September (those games counted towards his 90 days). The Atlanta brass knew exactly what they were doing when they drafted Winkler: working within the constructs of the rules regardless of how shady it may seem to some.

Fact is - picking Santander... in the second round of Rule 5... and how they've used him was a great move by Duquette and made a lot of organizations look foolish for not picking him before the O's. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scarey1999 said:

So who goes when he and Flaherty come off the DL Thursday? 

Gentry and...?

Why risk losing Gentry to a waiver claim when Joey can be optioned for two weeks? Gentry is a better defender and has hit better than Rickard over the last month.

45 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Why risk losing Gentry to a waiver claim when Joey can be optioned for two weeks? Gentry is a better defender and has hit better than Rickard over the last month.

Always forget Rickard can still be optioned. He has pretty well over the past couple of weeks, but yeah he's gotta go. 

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Joey's made every play in RF.  Gentry has been useful, but you shake a AAAA tree, and a dozen Gentry's fall off.  I doubt anyone claims him, and he's very easy to replace.  And I'm saying that as someone who appreciates him more than most do.    

Just now, Ruzious said:

Joey's made every play in RF.  Gentry has been useful, but you shake a AAAA tree, and a dozen Gentry's fall off.  I doubt anyone claims him, and he's very easy to replace.  And I'm saying that as someone who appreciates him more than most do.    

You don't want to do that, they have a history of concussions. 

• Haha 1