John Angelos mentions expansion

incubus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Expansion ???

Since the Marlins and the Rays draw so well, perhaps they could put a 3rd Major League team in Florida.

o

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jacksonville ???

o

Orlando.

Jacksonville would be too far apart from the already existing franchises that are in the state.

They need to do something about all of those fans that are constantly cramming into the stadiums in Tampa Bay and Miami.

Give them an alternative by establishing a 3 and-a-half-to-4 hour driving triangle of 3 different Major League teams.

o

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

Orlando.

Jacksonville would be too far apart from the already existing franchises that are in the state.

They need to do something about all of those fans that are constantly cramming into the stadiums in Tampa Bay and Miami.

Give them an alternative by establishing a 3 and-a-half-to-4 hour driving triangle of 3 different Major League teams.

No way Florida is getting another team.

23 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Expansion ???

Since the Marlins and the Rays draw so well, perhaps they could put a 3rd Major League team in Florida.

o

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Orlando.

o

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

No way Florida is getting another team.

o

Really, you think so ???

o

13 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Your second post sounded like you were making a case for a third team. Sarcasm? If so, your premise needs to be slightly more ridiculous. )  ;)

o

You really need me to be slightly more ridiculous than this to catch on?

o

29 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think the talent level will allow for expansion as well as the fact that there are no areas ready for a MLB franchise in my mind. I'd rather expand the rosters to 27 with a limit of 12 pitchers on a roster. 

Owners like the expansion fees they get. Look at the NFL with relocation fees. Free money. 

I would like rosters expanded but I doubt the owners go for it. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

And people complaining about people complaining.

And Tom Petty on classic rock stations down here in Florida, I swear I think there is a law.

What, has Florida forgotten about Jimmy Buffet?  One day back in the '70's when I was living in Sarasota, I swore I would kill something if I heard "Margaritaville" one more time.  Strangely it worked for a a while...

Archived