Tejada's Return

O'sBacker4Ever

We're not talking about a fact here, we're talking about an opinion. My opinion is not "wrong." Your opinion is not "wrong."

Do you deny the facts I listed earlier in this thread? You can't because they are documentable facts. Because of those facts, many fans have a negative opinion of Tejada. Now, just because that opinion doesn't comport with YOUR opinion doesn't make it "wrong."

Facts is a term I would use loosely to describe some of what you said...They were facts with your distorted view of things attached to them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your bias is showing.

Disprove the facts I listed if you can.

If you want to complain about him not running out balls, i expect a thread crucifying this whole team(except Jones).

If you want to complain that he wanted to be traded from an organization that LIED TO HIM, that's fine but make sure you mention his side of the story.

I was there and can tell you with certainty that the boo birds far outnumbered those who were applauding.

Really it didn't sound like that on the teley. Wish he could have been there on a weekend might have had a better reception.

I was there as well. Seemed like overwhelming boos from where I was. Made me sad and honestly I was a little surprised. Not often you have a player express how much they love the city and the fans. I thought it was in bad taste.

I was disappointed with the crowd's reaction. Miggy has had nothing but good things to say about the Orioles and Baltimore since he was traded. He has shown more class than the fans did tonight.

But were you surprised by the reaction?

It was exactly how I expected it.

People have been hating on him since he requested the trade(which was his right and he was correct in doing).

People have been hating on him since he requested the trade(which was his right and he was correct in doing).

I was surprised it was as loud as it was. I expected boos but not to the degree he got. And I thought there would have been a few more cheers to drown out the boos.

I was there front row in the bleachers. Since I started this thread it is obvious I was really looking forward to this. Needless to say I was shocked/amazed at the amount of boos. Very disappointing.

However, I did find it funny when everyone in the bleachers started jeering him when he could not get to Ramons grounder up the middle early in the game.

I think Miguel could have done it better. His unhappiness with the FO (or lack of one) came off as an unhappiness in Baltimore. I think he could have made the FO look like the villans they were.... however.... his lack of hustle at times, late to practice or games or meetings at times, took away his credibility somewhat. The City was looking to him as their leader after Cal left. While the FO certainly didn't give him much to work with, he could have improved in some areas as a leader and a player. So in that light I think some fans have a negative taste. I am not one of them.

Archived