NEED one of the Big Three Pitchers Left

Bahama O's Fan

13 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

i am getting a feeling that we might just sign Lynn or Cobb....and Tillman, and then let Cortes, Tillman, Castro, Ynoa sort out the 5 spot.   And then (and good Lord don't tell me why I am feeling this way) but I am feeling a CarGo signing....there, I said it.  

Cobb and Tillman and CarGo in the next week.  

Not that unrealistic considering their prices might fall into our range.

Lynn- 3/42

Cargo- 1-6

Tillman 1-4

The offseason has played into what DD likes to do. The question is, is DD even really in charge?  If we’re going to make one more run at it we still need a couple SPs and a LH OF bat. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

From Roch's blog this morning.

"The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio."

Link to the entire piece.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/this-that-and-the-other-150.html

I'm guessing that correspondence didn't take long.

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing that correspondence didn't take long.

Yeah just posted that in another post.... the Orioles can say what they want but they aren’t serious about contending.

they may not get a steal but they can certainly sign one of those three to a reasonable 3-4 year deal.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:49 PM, tntoriole said:

i am getting a feeling that we might just sign Lynn or Cobb....and Tillman, and then let Cortes, Tillman, Castro, Ynoa sort out the 5 spot.   And then (and good Lord don't tell me why I am feeling this way) but I am feeling a CarGo signing....there, I said it.  

Cobb and Tillman and CarGo in the next week.  

You, sir, are an optimist of the highest order.  I see none of that happening.  I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but....

45 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

"The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/this-that-and-the-other-150.html

Yeah, that just about seals it.    We’ll be left hoping for a miracle.   

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree that the O's are probably out on those three (definitely Arrieta), but I also wonder if this could be the Orioles using their mouthpiece as a negotiation tactic. 

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

I wonder if this could be the Orioles using their mouthpiece as a negotiation tactic. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The optimist in me wants to argue, Wait...

- What if only one of Davis and Trumbo bounces back with 40 HRs?

- What if Gausman finally has a great year, Bundy and Cashner are average for them, Tillman regains his mechanics, and Cortes lives up to his MiL record?

- What if O'Day pitches like he can and Britton is back by June?

- What if Hays makes an impact, and Mancini continues to outperform his doubters?

- What if Manny and Schoop, now in their prime, both turn it up a notch and vie for MVP honors?

None of those is a "miracle" stretch to imagine. But I guess (says the realist in me, agreeing with you) to expect all those reasonable scenarios to come about at once, amounts to a miracle.

11 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Probably wind up adding Liriano or Lincecum. Barf to either.

Gonna be depressing if Lynn and Cobb's price comes down to not much more than the 3/41 we gave Cashner.

Get on the phone and harass Lackey or Dickey into not retiring.

I wouldn't mind Liriano on the team, but only as a reliever.   He could actually be a "one-time through the lineup" guy that could pitch multiple innings, or get that tough LH hitter out.  

4 minutes ago, now said:

- What if Gausman finally has a great year, Bundy and Cashner are average for them, Tillman regains his mechanics, and Cortes lives up to his MiL record?

- What if Hays makes an impact, and Mancini continues to outperform his doubters?

- What if Manny and Schoop, now in their prime, both turn it up a notch and vie for MVP honors?

None of those is a "miracle" stretch to imagine. But I guess (says the realist in me, agreeing with you) to expect all those reasonable scenarios to come about at once, amounts to a miracle.

I mean, things like that do happen in Baseball.   But you certainly can’t expect them to happen to any particular team in any particular year. 

10 minutes ago, now said:

You can tell a story where this team does well and gets a Wild Card spot. That's better than some teams, but too its quite a long shot.

Archived