Cuts We Should Be/Could Be Interested In

Bahama O's Fan

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

There's not really anyone on the 25 man I'd release right now for Jennings. We need Cortes for the ability to pitch long relief innings. Bleier is less flashy but gets results and replacing him with Jennings seems awfully lateral. 

I'd certainly sign him to a minor league deal with an opt-out though.  No need to put him on the 40 man roster. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers designate Trayce Thompson. He’s an upgrade over Gentry and Rickard. Thompson is out of options. You could claim him and then call up Gentry or Rickard after Santander’s 44 days are up. Gentry isn’t going anywhere. 

Thompson has been worth 1.5, 0.8 and -0.3 WAR in his career. He has upside that Rickard and Gentry just don’t have and he’s more athletic.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Dodgers designate Trayce Thompson. He’s an upgrade over Gentry and Rickard. Thompson is out of options. You could claim him and then call up Gentry or Rickard after Santander’s 44 days are up. Gentry isn’t going anywhere. 

Thompson has been worth 1.5, 0.8 and -0.3 WAR in his career. He has upside that Rickard and Gentry just don’t have and he’s more athletic.  

Yeah, I would definitely take a shot on Trayce Thompson and drop Gentry.

4 minutes ago, weams said:

They will trade him. I would guess it would take Mike Wright to get him. 

I’d do that all day. I like Gentry, and I like our OF prospects in the upper minors. Let’s be real though, Gentry is one bad month or one injury away from retirement.  Rickard needs to make some adjustments. 

I would compare this to the Valencia pickup. Valencia should be worth 1.0 WAR more than Tejeda/ Vielma/Sardiñas. A small upgrade, but I like it. I think Thompson would offer us the same upgrade over Rickard and Gentry. 

The dodgers seem to always be looking for relief help. Welp that’s the one area that we have a ton. 

17 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Breyvic Velara and Josh Lucas were DFA by the Cardinals.

Both are guys I’d rather have on the 40 than Crichton, Kelly, etc

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Well, ect is Rule 5 eligible after this season...

If he's on the 40 how is he going to be rule V eligible?

Or are you saying Luke's info is bad?

Archived