Cuts We Should Be/Could Be Interested In

Bahama O's Fan

He’s a pretty safe bet to give you 60 IP at a 3.00 ERA. The only downside is that he was kind of used as a LOOGY by the Rays. Still only 30. 

Arajuo or Wright would be my two choices to go. Relievers are so voilitaile and it seems like there have been more available this year with teams openly tanking. 

Then again, I hope we don’t lose Joely either. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 8:06 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

They didn’t want to pay him his 5+ million arb figure. 

His arbitration was 2.3 million not 5 million plus.  The Rays are on the hook for 575K so if he is picked up on waivers only have to pay about 1.7 million.

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

His arbitration was 2.3 million not 5 million plus.  The Rays are on the hook for 575K so if he is picked up on waivers only have to pay about 1.7 million.

This relates to Dan Jennings. I believe he was released. If so, I believe that he is now a free-agent and may sign with any team on a new major or minor league contract.  The signing team would be responsible only for the newly contracted salary. Can anyone confirm or rebut this?

2 minutes ago, AZRon said:

This relates to Dan Jennings. I believe he was released. If so, I believe that he is now a free-agent and may sign with any team on a new major or minor league contract.  The signing team would be responsible only for the newly contracted salary. Can anyone confirm or rebut this?

It is what I read as well. 

Archived