2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Wow, when you lose Rick Dempsey I'm not sure who you might have left in your corner?

j/k

You probably still have Jim Hunter.

oh and Mike Bordick.

Tom Davis........  ;)

Never lose Hunter. Orioles are 32 games back. Win one game 12-3. This might turn the season around.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

4 OUTS: ) 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play)

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

IP:ll1.33

H:lll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)

R:llll 6

ER:l 5

BB:ll3

SO:lll0

Pitches: )l 45(23 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 10.46 ) 26.67 IP  (31 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.212 )  26.67 IP  (59 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .365 )  (42 for 115)

PITCHES BY INNING

30 ll(17 llStrikes, ll13 lllllBalls)

15 lll(61 llStrikes, lllll91 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Tillman recorded 1 out before departing in the 2nd inning.

o

How - HOW - is it possible that the Orioles keep rolling this guy out there????

HE SUCKS

He takes a minute to throw a pitch.  No movement on the ball... no velocity... AND HE REPEATEDLY GETS HAMMERED!! I’ve had it!  

I am an O’s diehard and this guy is pushing me to my limits of sanity.  Have we no one that can’t step in and get 5 innings???  Seriously????  

Dear Orioles.  NO MORE.  Cut this guy.  He’s terrible!  

Ecery single game, Tillman puts the Os in the hole in the first inning.  Every game!

CUT HIM NOW

I get that the Orioles are a bad team. But Tillman is by far the worst pitcher on our bad team. He's no longer able to get out major league hitters consistently. So, why is he in the rotation? He's had a nice career with the O's but it's clear he's done.

20 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

4 OUTS: ) 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play)

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

IP:ll1.33

H:lll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)

R:llll 6

ER:l 5

BB:ll3

SO:lll0

Pitches: )l 45(23 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 10.46 ) 26.67 IP  (31 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.212 )  26.67 IP  (59 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .365 )  (42 for 115)

PITCHES BY INNING

30 ll(17 llStrikes, ll13 lllllBalls)

15 lll(61 llStrikes, lllll91 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Tillman recorded 1 out before departing in the 2nd inning.

o

o

In a sense, the Orioles may have gotten the best of both worlds last night ...... they got to see further evidence that Chris Tillman ought to be (at the very least) removed from the starting rotation, yet they still managed to win the game in spite of his blow-up on the mound.

o

On 5/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, Cousin Eddie said:

Any chance Tillman just retires? I know there's still money on the table and all that, but there also has to be some professional pride for a guy that used to be pretty decent major league pitcher. I can't believe that he wants to keep going out there unable to perform. He has to know he's finished, right?

Tilly needs some time- a lot of time- in a minor league bullpen to learn how to pitch. Throwing the ball doesn't cut it, especially when his fastball is long gone. He needs to learn pitch command and pitch control over his curve, his slider, his change up. If he's not willing to do this work, then yes, he needs to retire. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

He's done.

It's sad. Releasing him is the right thing but he's been a good Oriole. The crew is done.

2012 and '14 will be remembered fondly by me and many others. I'm of an age where 10-14 years may out last my time.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

In a sense, the Orioles may have gotten the best of both worlds last night ...... they got to see further evidence that Chris Tillman ought to be (at the very least) removed from the starting rotation, yet they still managed to win the game in spite of his blow-up on the mound.

o

o

To be fair to Tillman, he did induce a double-play grounder that was muffed by Jonathan Schoop in the 2nd inning. Instead of 2 outs with nobody on base, there were 0 outs with runners on 1st and 2nd base. 

If Schoop had made the play, there is a pretty good chance that Tillman would have gotten out of the inning unscathed ........  but in hindsight, Schoop's muff may have been a good thing in that it may have expedited the departure of Tillman from the game (and possibly from the team.)

o

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Tillman to the DL.

HAHA!

What did I say a couple days ago about phantom injuries?  Go with the lower back strain, can't test for it.

This is a completely pointless endeavor.

He isn't injured and he isn't going to relearn how to pitch on a minor league rehab assignment.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

HAHA!

What did I say a couple days ago about phantom injuries?  Go with the lower back strain, can't test for it.

This is a completely pointless endeavor.

He isn't injured and he isn't going to relearn how to pitch on a minor league rehab assignment.

This is a disgrace. He's done. Get over it. Move on.

Archived