2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

On 7/4/2018 at 7:36 PM, Old#5fan said:

Rowell peaked in High School which is a lesson the Orioles still have yet to learn as they continue to waste first round picks on high school wonders who have never faced any real talent go see how good they really are.

Yeah, never draft high school kids from New Jersey.    Like Mike Trout.   

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, amdcpus said:

Man it's going to be embarrassing when he gets lit up yet again against an A ball squad.

Probably moving him to Frederick because Norfolk was sick of him losing games for them. 

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Probably moving him to Frederick because Norfolk was sick of him losing games for them. 

Norfolk will be on the AAA All-Star break when Tillman is scheduled to pitch on the 10th.  Frederick has a game that day.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, atomic said:

TIllman has been pitching tonight in Norfolk.  The usual happened.  He gave up a bunch of runs, a bunch of hits, a bunch of walks.  But he didn't strike out anyone.  He has lasted 5 innings so that is a plus.  And only 4 runs,  7 hits and 2 BB.  

Time to release Tillman

1 hour ago, weams said:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/yankees-cant-let-sonny-gray-wreck-their-division-title-hopes/

“I feel great. I have a clear mind going into each start.’’

“I think it’s important for me to stay as positive as I can.’’

I  Don't kNow about Gray ...but the inability to handle minor league hitters and unable to strike a few out confirms he's lost it.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Time to release Sonny Gray.

3 hours ago, weams said:

I feel great. I have a clear mind going into each start.’’

I think its important for me to stay as positive as I can.’’

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/yankees-cant-let-sonny-gray-wreck-their-division-title-hopes/

o

When interviewed, his manager (Aaron Boone) says essentially the same things about Gray that Showalter says about Tillman after he has pitched a terrible game.

The cover is the same, with the difference being that the Orioles are the worst team in the league, while the Yankees are one of the best.

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

When interviewed, his manager (Aaron Boone) says essentially the same things about Gray that Showalter says about Tillman after he has pitched a terrible game.

The cover is the same, with the difference being that the Orioles are the worst team in the league, while the Yankees are one of the best.

o

Actually that wasn't my quote....LOL ....Weams changed it for me.

Here is what I think will happen with Chris Tillman:

He pitches in Frederick on the 10th during the All Star break at both AA and AAA.   The will pitch at either Bowie or Norfolk on the 15th.  His rehab period is up on the 19th.   The O's have to make a decision on him at that time.     If he has pitched well in his last two outings he could be activated.

More likely he is DFA'd and put on waivers.  Someone could claims him and take his salary.   More then likely he passes through waivers.  The O's outright him to the minors.   Bowie or Norfolk.  He has to accept the assignment because he as never been outrighted before.  He continue to get his major league salary.  He has the choice to retire but I don't see Chris doing that.  He is still tried to fight his way back to the majors.

Once outrighted he spends the rest of the summer in the minors unless he finds his control and can come back.  He is competing with Hess, Yacabonis, Ramirez and Means which makes it harder for him to make it back.   In September the O's could recall him after the roster expands but he will have to be added to the 40 man roster.   The question is will there be a slot for him with the many minor leaguers the O's would like to promote.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Here is what I think will happen with Chris Tillman:

He pitches in Frederick on the 10th during the All Star break at both AA and AAA.   The will pitch at either Bowie or Norfolk on the 15th.  His rehab period is up on the 19th.   The O's have to make a decision on him at that time.     If he has pitched well in his last two outings he could be activated.

More likely he is DFA'd and put on waivers.  Someone could claims him and take his salary.   More then likely he passes through waivers.  The O's outright him to the minors.   Bowie or Norfolk.  He has to accept the assignment because he as never been outrighted before.  He continue to get his major league salary.  He has the choice to retire but I don't see Chris doing that.  He is still tried to fight his way back to the majors.

Once outrighted he spends the rest of the summer in the minors unless he finds his control and can come back.  He is competing with Hess, Yacabonis, Ramirez and Means which makes it harder for him to make it back.   In September the O's could recall him after the roster expands but he will have to be added to the 40 man roster.   The question is will there be a slot for him with the many minor leaguers the O's would like to promote.

I just don't get why DD doesn't release him. After all he is Bucks boss. Well in a normal atmosphere he is but maybe not Oriole Land. This is why I get so damn frustrated with this organization. Things are done backwards it seems. The GM answers to the Manager and they in turn answer to Brady while they answer to an owner that is and has been out of touch with reality for years. IMO 

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

I just don't get why DD doesn't release him. After all he is Bucks boss. Well in a normal atmosphere he is but maybe not Oriole Land. This is why I get so damn frustrated with this organization. Things are done backwards it seems. The GM answers to the Manager and they in turn answer to Brady while they answer to an owner that is and has been out of touch with reality for years. IMO 

Maybe the owner won't let him?

On 7/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, OFFNY said:

o

o

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/the-unspoken-reason-yankees-may-be-stuck-with-sonny-gray/

Archived