vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bradysburns said:

Stairway to Heaven is a weird song to play at a baseball stadium. 

On Opening Day, the Orioles' PA played The Smith's "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" when Orioles pitcher Brad Brach got in trouble and blew the save. Do those morons really not get it? That's played when the opposing pitcher is on the ropes! Never, ever play that when an Orioles pitcher is getting a mound visit! My gut tells me there was turnover in that department in the offseason.

Wish they had taken Tilly with them. ;-)

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m sure he is going to throw other people under the bus. Great way to get a job elsewhere. 

Or maybe he actually agreed to give Tillman a shot and was just wrong.  It seems like every time a decision goes wrong, there are some who then say well, that was not Dan...that was the owner, or Brady, or Buck...or Boog..(I was running out of Bs)..either way, since I don’t like to parse it,in my book,  the guy with the GM after his name and getting the paycheck for it gets the blame for personnel. 

16 minutes ago, Datalore said:

Yes. How did they not make sure he was able to deliver pitches with sound mechanics before signing him? Jim Palmer reminds us every inning he pitches how Chris is just not getting over top of the ball. It's keeping everything belt high, and giving his fastball that little cut where he can't locate at all. Same as last year.

How was this not noticed before his resigning? Did they not watch a showcase of him and just cross their fingers hoping he would be better?

There is just something fishy going on with all of this.

Just now, SteveA said:

So I wonder the exact definition of "lodge".   Does it have to be wedged in tightly to be considered "lodged"?   Or if it is just sitting there is it "lodged". 

I would say if a fielder can grab it immediately like he did, it wasn't lodged.

Archived