vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Ok, some funny semantics about what constitutes a national team. But Boston folks travel. The ones I have known, even from a young age, were hardcore fans. And nice people.

I do not recall a ton of Sox fans at Orioles games back at Memorial Stadium. I was a kid. Maybe I am wrong. 

In the 90’s Packer fans showed up. Never saw one in the 80’s. 

When I was a kid the Yankees and Dodgers were National teams.  

Boston has always had more fans than most but they had plenty latch on around 2003 or so. At that time baseball had little parity either. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I do not recall a ton of Sox fans at Orioles games back at Memorial Stadium. I was a kid. Maybe I am wrong. 

In the 90’s Packer fans showed up. Never saw one in the 80’s. 

When I was a kid the Yankees and Dodgers were National teams.  

Boston has always had more fans than most but they had plenty latch on around 2003 or so. At that time baseball had little parity either. 

There were few MFY fans at Memorial. People didn't travel like they do now. Most fans of opposing teams were transplants. It was rare to sit next to a fan from Cleveland, for example.

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

There were few MFY fans at Memorial. People didn't travel like they do now. Most fans of opposing teams were transplants. It was rare to sit next to a fan from Cleveland, for example.

Do Bloriole fans travel?

Archived