My observations

Catch 8

I've been inundated with work the past few weeks, so I just got a chance to catch up on about 10 games on MLB.TV.  Note that I did not know the outcomes prior to watching these reruns.  Notes/thoughts:

- We won one game. 

- Our starting pitching, relief pitching, fielding, hitting, and situational hitting are categorically abysmal.  Our catching is fair, and it doesn't help that Tillman and Givens have high school-level "control."

- We are very slow on the bases and in the field.  Jones and Mancini can't go back or in on balls; everything falls in.  Santander looks good, but just wait til Trumbo rejoins that outfield.  For what it is worth, Gentry is very valuable to this team.

- Terrible advancing runners and plating the man on third with fewer than two out.  Just terrible.  Terrible.

- Davis may look better with the bat than with the glove right now.

- Tillman still has his curve ball at times, but NOTHING else.  Throws 2 good curve balls and Palmer says best he looks in 1.5 years.  Tony was right: Tilly's done.  If we throw him out there again, Buck needs to let Joseph catch him.

- Gausman needs to prepare himself better in Spring Training.  I'm sure he will be good in August, good enough to move us down the draft board.

- I like Bundy.  Misses bats.  He's getting there.

- I was for writing Machado a blank check as a third baseman.  If he insists on playing shortstop, we should trade him.  What the Buck.

- Valencia at third lol.

- Brach can't close. 

- O'Day's rising fastball hittable/ineffective.  Now falls behind hitters.  Not giving up here, just can't overuse him.  Have him begin innings.

- Bleier good.

Archived