Paging Manny Machado: Corey Seager out for the year with TJ surgery

Frobby

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

Exactly. You take the best overall talent and figure it out later. If you wind up with 4-5 legit outfield prospects who all seem on the cusp, you pick the 1-2 you like the least and flip them for infield prospects or SP prospects.

When do prospect for prospect trades ever happen?

We should be targeting infielders.  If someone is willing to throw a great outfield prospect at us, you don't turn it down necessarily but we need infielders. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles might need to take a contract in return to make this trade work if the Dodgers are intent on staying under the $197M luxury tax threshold.  I wouldn't have a problem this for the right trade package.  

Take Puig

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles might need to take a contract in return to make this trade work if the Dodgers are intent on staying under the $197M luxury tax threshold.  I wouldn't have a problem this for the right trade package.  

Maybe I’m missing something but 183+13=196. 

196 < 197

24 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

But if we trade Manny, we should be focused on a rebuild more than a decent SS/3B for the remainder of the season. It would be nice to get an infielder because our farm system has none. But you can't sacrifice the overall talent in return just to fill a hole for the remainder of the season. If we have to call up Drew Dosch, that's what we gotta do.

They have to give us top prospect plus someone to fill Manny's spot.   You can't go without a Short Stop the rat of the season. 

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As I asked in the other thread, how much room do they have to add payroll and stay out the salary tax?

It looks like just under $20 million as of Opening Day -- $177.4 million payroll for luxury tax purposes, compared to the 2018 threshold of $197 million. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8

Manny's 2018 salary is $16 million. I'm pretty sure that would get prorated for the time he's with the Dodgers -- about $13.3 million as of today, maybe about $11-$12 million by the time the Orioles could decide to make a deal.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

They have to give us top prospect plus someone to fill Manny's spot.   You can't go without a Short Stop the rat of the season. 

Why would you put a demand like that on the most important trade in 10 years? We can find some trash SS anywhere. It’s not like we’re an 8-20 team destined for the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I figured it would be a tight fit.  

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Why would you put a demand like that on the most important trade in 10 years? We can find some trash SS anywhere. It’s not like we’re an 8-20 team destined for the playoffs. 

Bring JJ Hardy out of retirement if you need a stop gap for this year.  You can't let Manny walk for just a draft pick, or end up getting a lesser trade in July if the Dodger are prepared to offer a top package.  

We can take back some cash if need be just get the best prospects you can they may move Pederson and his 2.6 million.  He is a decent outfielder we can play in right and gets on base very well even if he doesn’t hit fir much average.

Manny for Pederson White Santana and Lux. 

Archived