Random Thought Thread

Moose Milligan

38 minutes ago, weams said:

Not a great look there Bryce 

Since it is the random thought thread The pic on the left reminds me of when Hardy, Reynolds and a few other guys went to a Ravens preseason game in 2012 and the crowd went nuts when they saw them on the jumbotron.  What a season that was 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the crappiest things about this season is that...if I turn on the game after it's started and the Orioles are up, I can't figure out what part of the batting order they're in.  Like if Mancini is hitting, he could be batting leadoff, or 7th.  Schoop could be 2nd, he could also be 6th. If it's Trumbo, I feel like he''s probably 4th.  Our lineup is just a murky mess at all times with no discernible shape or rhyme or reason to it.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I read yesterday that Palmer only had 13 double digit strikeout games in his entire career.  

I just counted, Nolan Ryan had 17 double digit strikeout games in 1972 alone.

Goes to show you how amazing the Orioles defense was during Palmer's peak years.  I'm hopeful that the Orioles will focus on defense in the very near future.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I read yesterday that Palmer only had 13 double-digit strikeout games in his entire career.  

I just counted, and Nolan Ryan had 17 double-digit strikeout games in 1972 alone.

o

In a strike-shortened season, to boot.

o

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is it me or does Caleb Joseph's bat look extremely thin?  It almost looks like an extended wiffle ball bat.  I think he should try a thicker bat to increase his chances of making contact.  

Perhaps some type of large paddle?