Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

Honestly, Diaz is a HUGE prospect to get back for 2.5 months of Machado.  A Top-100 guy who might be Top-50 this offseason.  That's a better value than a comp pick next year, plus there are 4 other guys who might contribute in 2-4 years.

Not amazing, but way better than letting Manny walk at the end of the year.

25 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

How much do think the O's can get for a rental?

Considering reports this morning had is getting Diaz and May, I'm disappointed.  Has nothing to do with what I thought we would get. I would take just Diaz and May over Diaz plus the 4 others.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chito said:

I think that last outing was the only one at AA. The rest of his stats are from advanced A ball.

Good catch, just noticed that.

Impressive nonethesless. Still getting viewed as a future pen arm but we'll see. If so, looks like he'd be pretty damn solid out of there.

8 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Isn't that better than letting Manny walking for a pick? 

Heck yeah.

Diaz for three months of Manny is reasonable, but everybody was expecting the Dodgers to get cleaned out which was never likely.

Just now, andrewochs615 said:

I mean Bannon is raking in A+ ball, but he is 22 in A+, hopefully he is put right to Bowie. 

I still think it is a sad day in Oriole history that Manny is gone despite it being a must

Got moved to AA in his last start and went 7 IP, 0 ER, 11 K's.

11 minutes ago, Finisher said:

So Diaz and a bunch of lotto tickets.

Just looking at their minor league #'s and age appropriation, Kremer and Bannon look like they will easily be among out top ten prospects.  

Three top ten prospects is probably better than most of us could have reasonably hoped for a half season of Manny Machado. 

I will add, Diaz is a nice get and from what I have read, will be a top 50 prospect by seasons end. I read some rankings have him at 47 in their midseason rankings. 

I was hoping to get a solid SP prospect like May or a solid INF prospect like Lux. I guess the other offers didn't have a Diaz type player.