Congratulations to Dan and the front office for pulling off the Manny trade

Diehard_O's_Fan

Dan and the front office deserve alot of praise and positive comments for pulling off the Manny trade. The Orioles had never been put in this position before. Their star 26 year old player will soon be a free agent and you are forced to trade him due to a losing season and the amount of money Manny will soon be making. I personally am not sad that Manny is gone. This is the most exciting day during the Orioles 2018 season. The rebuild has begun and a new chapter in Orioles history has started.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still mulling over the trade, but it’s clear to me that we did a good job of turning this into an auction and picking the deal we liked best. It’s laughable to me that a significant chunk of people actually thought they’d be stupid enough that Manny wouldn’t get traded at all.   This was handled very competently, if a little deliberately.

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Dan and the front office deserve alot of praise and positive comments for pulling off the Manny trade. The Orioles had never been put in this position before. Their star 26 year old player will soon be a free agent and you are forced to trade him due to a losing season and the amount of money Manny will soon be making. I personally am not sad that Manny is gone. This is the most exciting day during the Orioles 2018 season. The rebuild has begun and a new chapter in Orioles history has started.

I'm sad that Manny is gone, but pleased with the return.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m still mulling over the trade, but it’s clear to me that we did a good job of turning this into an auction and picking the deal we liked best. It’s laughable to me that a significant chunk of people actually thought they’d be stupid enough that Manny wouldn’t get traded at all.   This was handled very competently, if a little deliberately.

One man's deliberate is another man's patient.  I'm a big fan of patient.  Completely agree with your first sentence.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I did.  I thought they would be stupid enough.  I've seen the stupidity before.  I am so happy to be wrong.

Archived