Dillon Tate - RHP - 2018 #17 Prospect

Tony-OH

I’m going to be interested to see what the new management does with Tate.    As noted in the write-up, the O’s brass converted him from a strikeout guy to a ground ball guy, with mixed results.    I’m not sure if the new guys will want Tate to stick with that approach.   Tate strikes me as a guy who might benefit from some good analytic information to help him hone his game.    

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to be interested to see what the new management does with Tate.    As noted in the write-up, the O’s brass concerted him from a strikeout guy to a ground ball guy, with mixed results.    I’m not sure if the new guys will want Tate to stick with that approach.   Tate strikes me as a guy who might benefit from some good analytic information to help him hone his game.    

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to be interested to see what the new management does with Tate.    As noted in the write-up, the O’s brass converted him from a strikeout guy to a ground ball guy, with mixed results.    I’m not sure if the new guys will want Tate to stick with that approach.   Tate strikes me as a guy who might benefit from some good analytic information to help him hone his game.    

I hope new management tells Tate to forget everything the Orioles taught him.

20 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I hope new management tells Tate to forget everything the Orioles taught him.

I think one of the interesting things to watch is whether the new guys will be able to use their analytic tools to improve the performance of players who are already in our system.   Especially the pitchers.   

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sending a message I'm guessing.

No way he's on the 40 this offseason right?

Not sure about "sending a message." He was on the IL for a good amount (about a month,) so this seems like their "minor league rehab" stuff works (see: Hays, Austin and Diaz, Yusniel.)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dillon Tate has looked a lot better since being moved to the Bowie bullpen.  Since then he has pitched 9 and 2/3 innings and has given up 2 ER while striking out 11 and walking only 1.  

If he continues to be dominant in a relief role I'd like to see him in Norfolk by August and hopefully gets a September call-up.  He will be 26 in May of 2020.  Need to see if he's worth a spot on the 40.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Dillon Tate has looked a lot better since being moved to the Bowie bullpen.  Since then he has pitched 9 and 2/3 innings and has given up 2 ER while striking out 11 and walking only 1.  

If he continues to be dominant in a relief role I'd like to see him in Norfolk by August and hopefully gets a September call-up.  He will be 26 in May of 2020.  Need to see if he's worth a spot on the 40.  

I agree. It looks like he is either a reliever or needs to lose his 40-man roster spot. Should figure it out over the last three months.

17 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I wouldn't mind seeing him sooner than that. We can use the help.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35366-wow-this-bullpen-reeks/