Potential Target: C.J. Cron

Brooks The Great

23 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'm not saying Mancini will ever top or match what he did in 17, I'm just not ready to give up on him because of a bad half.

Mancini could add value as a DH once Trumbo and/or Davis is gone. Especially on a team that won't contend for 3 or 4 years. Maybe he even catches that lightning in a bottle where he hits 30HR and some team does give up a decent prospect for him.

I've become convinced that only DHs like Martinez or Cruz or Otani are really of any value. I mean above what an average MLB position player would add there. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2018 at 10:08 AM, Brooks The Great said:

The Rays just DFA'd C.J. Cron. If he ultimately gets released, I think he'd be a nice signing for the O's as the team tanks next season.

Sign Cron to a 2-year deal or 1-year with a team option, and he could wind up being a decent trade asset at the deadline if he sees any improvement from playing half his games at OPACY, which he should. I think a deal at approximately $6 million or under annually would be a nice gamble.

Sorry but I've never heard of him. 

On 11/21/2018 at 11:08 AM, Brooks The Great said:

The Rays just DFA'd C.J. Cron. If he ultimately gets released, I think he'd be a nice signing for the O's as the team tanks next season.

Sign Cron to a 2-year deal or 1-year with a team option, and he could wind up being a decent trade asset at the deadline if he sees any improvement from playing half his games at OPACY, which he should. I think a deal at approximately $6 million or under annually would be a nice gamble.

With Davis , Trumbo, and Mancini on the team I can't see how it would make any sense to add Cron. I think there are players and positions where you can take a similar chance ...but 1B/DH makes no sense.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, Brooks The Great said:

It'll be Mullins in CF. I'm fine with delaying Hays' service clock an additional season.

Still room to move Davis to RF and speculate on Cron.

Chris Davis is going to have to earn being in the lineup.  While your idea is interesting, I cannot see the speculation deal happening by picking up another 1B/DH type.  It's not as they say an area of need.

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

Chris Davis is going to have to earn being in the lineup.  While your idea is interesting, I cannot see the speculation deal happening by picking up another 1B/DH type.  It's not as they say an area of need.

He was claimed today. 

Archived