Astroball

atomic

On 11/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, Aglets said:

Huh, didn't even take atomic a week.  I thought he would've at least waited until spring training or something when some kind of actual bad news breaks.

I totally believe the Astros are not perfect.   They seem pretty good to me.   Not sure if you think we could have brought in better people than Elias and Sig?

Here's some Ted for all the haters.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, Aglets said:

Huh, didn't even take atomic a week.  I thought he would've at least waited until spring training or something when some kind of actual bad news breaks.

I totally believe the Astros are not perfect.   They seem pretty good to me.   Not sure if you think we could have brought in better people than Elias and Sig?

I read the book and put in things that were in it. I get it that you are too lazy to read it and just want to criticize me because it takes no effort. 

Just now, byrdz said:

I'm just hoping they improve the player development and providing the players the information they need. The issue that Britton pointed out when he joined the Yankees.

Well. Those guys are all gone. So I guess they will. And Zach sure did not show any improvement at all with all that additional data for his sinker. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, weams said:

Truly I was very happy with the five year run and having the best team in 2014. 

We didn’t have the best team in 2014.    We didn’t win the World Series, we didn’t win the most regular season games, we didn’t have the best regular season run differential.  I guess you can make a case if you squint through your orange-colored glasses hard enough, but it’s sure not that obvious.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We didn’t have the best team in 2014.    We didn’t win the World Series, we didn’t win the most regular season games, we didn’t have the best regular season run differential.  I guess you can make a case if you squint through your orange-colored glasses hard enough, but it’s sure not that obvious.  

I believe if Zach had not traveled cross country on no sleep that the Orioles would have beaten the Giants. Winning a lot of games in the AL is always better than those other divisions. Especially the National league ones.  I don;t think there is much Orange to that. I think most years the best team is in the Al East. The division does wear teams down though. 

Here’s an article summarizing a radio interview of Ben Reiter, author of Astroball, about Mike Elias and Sig Mejdal, on the day of the Elias press conference.   It suffices to say that Reiter is sky high on these guys.    There is a link to the full radio interview at the bottom of the article.   https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/11/27/ben-reiter-mike-elias-really-the-ideal-person-for-orioles-gm

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s an article summarizing a radio interview of Ben Reiter, author of Astroball, about Mike Elias and Sig Mejdal, on the day of the Elias press conference.   It suffices to say that Reiter is sky high on these guys.    There is a link to the full radio interview at the bottom of the article.   https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/11/27/ben-reiter-mike-elias-really-the-ideal-person-for-orioles-gm

I'm excited.  I can't wait for these guys to get started.

• Upvote 1

I am thankful for the stability provided by AM, the upswing delivered by DD and Buck and I am very excited to take this step with Elias and Mejdal. I loved the 5 year run and wish we had climbed higher. Let’s get it done this time and be better prepared to stay at that level longer. 

28 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am too.

I think they got probably the best guys available, but some are not happy.

Heck, you could have signed God almighty and the pundits would be negative ninnies about it.

I feel like the overwhelming sentiment for hiring Elias and Mejdal has been very positive. There may have been some negativity regarding Brady and whether he should be retained, but I think that's a completely separate issue.