Rich Dubroff: Joe Angel not returning.

weams

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve only heard him on video highlights of Bowie games, and some interviews.   

He has the sing song slur and staccato word attack. He extends names and is stylistically a Jon Miller type without the register. All in all he is an acquired taste but one that is pleasing. 

11 hours ago, SteveA said:

Whoever we hire to replace Joe -- this will be a pretty big hire.

Jim Hunter is 60.   Gary Thorne is 70.   Chances are it won't be too long until this new hire is the primary voice of the Orioles.

Can they get who they want this late in the process? Some similarities to what Elias is dealing with filling out departments. The season starts in 6 weeks and spring games start in 10 days. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

He has the sing song slur and staccato word attack. He extends names and is stylistically a Jon Miller type without the register. All in all he is an acquired taste but one that is pleasing. 

He has a very unique voice. I have heard him a handful of times doing baseball and basketball. Anyone who sounds different will have detractors just because it isn’t the norm. 

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Can they get who they want this late in the process? Some similarities to what Elias is dealing with filling out departments. The season starts in 6 weeks and spring games start in 10 days. 

I’d assume this issue has been pending for a while and the O’s have been lining up a replacement.   

On 2/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, interloper said:

For as negative as atomic is about the O's, it's always been funny to me that he likes Jim Hunter. Maybe it's an equilibrium kind of thing.

I feel like atomic is like Dave from Salisbury on the Fan.  I think he's playing a role, atomic's being to basically disagree with the popular opinions on the hangout.  

And before you yell at me atomic, this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.  

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

I feel like atomic is like Dave from Salisbury on the Fan.  I think he's playing a role, atomic's being to basically disagree with the popular opinions on the hangout.  

And before you yell at me atomic, this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.  

I think he is Dave from Salisbury. Isn’t he? 

24 minutes ago, weams said:

I think he is Dave from Salisbury. Isn’t he? 

I have been known to sit and wait in my car before getting out to where I’m going   when the grouchy oldtimer Bob calls in to The Fan.  He starts out calm and gets worked up by the end of the call in. Classic radio, in my opinion. 

Archived