Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

The reason that contract was so insane was that we had just signed Trumbo. I was happy with the Trumbo signing because we got him at a pretty good deal instead if the huge money Davis was asking for. And then we turn around and outbid ourselves and sign Davis too? Pure insanity when you consider what we really needed was starting pitching. And now Davis gives us nothing on the field and that contract will be haunting us for a long time.

Edited by gtman55
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

The reason that contract was so insane was that we had just signed Trumbo. I was happy with the Trumbo signing because we got him at a pretty good deal instead if the huge money Davis was asking for. And then we turn around and outbid outselves and sign Davis too? Pure insanity when you consider what we really needed was starting pitching. And now Davis gives us nothing on the field and that contract will be haunting us for a long time.

o

The Orioles signed Trumbo a year after they signed Davis.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/01/orioles-to-re-sign-chris-davis.html

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/orioles-to-sign-mark-trumbo.html

They had previously acquired Trumbo in a trade in December of 2015. He became a free agent at the end of the 2016 season, and then they extended him with a 3-year deal ........ but that was a full year after Davis got his contract

o

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe when the weather heats up?  I think Davis is past the point of no return.  

I'm thinking he puts something together at periods of time vs a string of rightys.

In baseball, nothing is ever as bad or as good as it seems. 

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

They had previously acquired Trumbo in a trade, in December of 2015.

o

Obviously I meant to say acquired. You know what I meant. They traded for Trumbo in December as the new first baseman then signed his clone Davis the next month. It was idiotic.

Edited by gtman55

7 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Obviously I meant to say acquired. You know what I meant. They traded for Trumbo then signed his clone Davis right after. It was idiotic.

o

No, I didn't know what you meant.

You said that when they signed Trumbo, and there has been much discussion of that signing. That is what immediately comes to mind when anyone talks about the Trumbo signing, not the trade.

o

9 minutes ago, capyy said:

I'm thinking he puts something together at periods of time vs a string of rightys.

In baseball, nothing is ever as bad or as good as it seems. 

Yes, he is as bad as it seems. He is not a major league player. If it weren’t for the terrible contract we gave him, he would have a difficult time getting a 1 year / $1 million contract.

9 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Yes, he is as bad as it seems. He is not a major league player. If it weren’t for the terrible contract we gave him, he would have a difficult time getting a 1 year / $1 million contract.

You think he'll bat .088 or worse for the season?

Just now, capyy said:

You think he'll bat .088 or worse for the season?

I think he's likely to hit between .200 and .230 this season. 

I see him around a .215/.300/.415 season.  

I truly hope I'm wrong.   I just don't see how he's going to do anything with the bat speed.   It's just not there any more.

Just now, clapdiddy said:

I think he's likely to hit between .200 and .230 this season. 

I see him around a .215/.300/.415 season.  

I truly hope I'm wrong.   I just don't see how he's going to do anything with the bat speed.   It's just not there any more.

Yea. He's not as bad as he seems right now. But he is really bad.