Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

This from an article on mlb.com today:

Orioles: Chris Davis, on pace for a -4.6 fWAR season
I'll let ESPN's Dan Syzmborski take this one over.

It's pretty frightening to be on an "on-pace-for" the worst season of all-time by a large margin when you're nearing mid-June. Chris Davis's on-pace-for in fWAR would rank him 81892 out of 81892 player-seasons since 1901. By NEARLY A FULL WIN.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Update to the misery:

Davis is now OPSing .465, down from .480 at the start of this thread.  His OPS+ is 30.

• He has struck out 83 times compared to 31 base hits.  He is approaching 3 Ks per base hit.  I don't know if that's ever been done in a qualifying full season.
  • He has four (4) home runs in 56 games played out of 64.  That is on pace for a whopping ten (10) HR on the season.  If that holds up, the past four years he will have gone down from 47, to 38, to 26, to ten HR.
  • His rWAR has reached -2.0.  His career rWAR was 17.9 and now it's 15.9.  He is on pace for -5.1 on the season.
  • His fWAR is merely -1.8.  His career fWAR was 17.0 and now it's 15.2.  He is on pace for -4.6 on the season.
  • As if you needed a reminder - he is making $23 million this season, partially deferred, and there are four more to go.

After reading that list I lost my appetite, at least I don’t have to buy dinner tonight.

31 minutes ago, atomic said:

Maybe he is playing poorly on purpose.  Wants to be released so he can be home with his family.  No one could be as bad as Davis has been and be trying can they? 

He should look at the ball when he swings. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rene88 said:

He should look at the ball when he swings. Just a thought.

He looks to me like be is trying to strike out.  Takes two strikes up in the zone and then swings at a pitch way out of the zone that is both low and inside. 

2 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Update to the misery:

Davis is now OPSing .465, down from .480 at the start of this thread.  His OPS+ is 30.

• He has struck out 83 times compared to 31 base hits.  He is approaching 3 Ks per base hit.  I don't know if that's ever been done in a qualifying full season.
  • He has four (4) home runs in 56 games played out of 64.  That is on pace for a whopping ten (10) HR on the season.  If that holds up, the past four years he will have gone down from 47, to 38, to 26, to ten HR.
  • His rWAR has reached -2.0.  His career rWAR was 17.9 and now it's 15.9.  He is on pace for -5.1 on the season.
  • His fWAR is merely -1.8.  His career fWAR was 17.0 and now it's 15.2.  He is on pace for -4.6 on the season.
  • As if you needed a reminder - he is making $23 million this season, partially deferred, and there are four more to go.

Is it possible that he could get his career WAR back to zero by the end of this contract?

12 hours ago, atomic said:

Remember a little while ago Buck said he was talking to DD about players that could help the team but DD was busy with the Draft.  I think Buck wanted Hanley Ramirez.  

I feel like DD is busy working on his resume.  Brady is busy working out and there  is no one running the ship. 

There is no "helping" this team.  Blow it up and rebuild.  I'm still a fan of Buck, but this is maddening.  The O's are the worst team in the majors.  What's the difference between 100 losses and 101 losses.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

There is no "helping" this team.  Blow it up and rebuild.  I'm still a fan of Buck, but this is maddening.  The O's are the worst team in the majors.  What's the difference between 100 losses and 101 losses.

100 loses? More like 120 losses.  You have some responsibility to put a major league team out there.