CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

o

Later in the same game, Davis hit a Sac-Fly in the top of the 9th inning to give the Orioles the lead.

The Orioles took the lead 2 times in this game, and Chris Davis had the go-ahead RBI both times.

o

4 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

He's going to have to have one of the top second halves in history just to sniff replacement level this year.  Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

If he does... IF... then we'd be much more optimistic about 2019, wouldn't we?

11 hours ago, 99ct said:

Can someone who watched tonight's game give a summary of any changes to his stance/approach? My bet was nothing changed, but then I saw a HR in the box score. Now I'm conflicted because, like a metaphorical Trainwreck, I couldn't look away from CD1.0's historically bad season. 

I noted in the GT his hands are lower (they were above his head). I had made similar suggestions, but it must have been Anderson’s rapport that made the difference. (Or, you know, the fact I don’t hold an official capacity with the team.) 

His hands were higher before and it takes a while for him to load. But I didn’t see that much of a difference. The HR came when he was ahead in the count and on a ball left out over the plate.

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It does.

That was one of the first things I thought of might be an approach when he went to work with Brady and Co.  Too obvious though... I wonder if they did something with the Vyvanse meds?  Eight days might be a time to come off the stuff?  Just a non-medical knowledge thought

For @99ct

Glad to see it.  1 HR, or even 1 game obviously doesn't mean he's fixed, but for his sake, the O's, and ours, I hope he's able to figure something out to return to some semblance of his former self.  He's too young for his skills to have degraded that much, I've always thought the root of his decline is more mental than physical.