Orioles trying to acquire Alcides Escobar or Mat Gamel from the Brewers?

SevisonJN

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell if I know. I'm just saying, gotta add sweetener to the deal. I'm sure we could come up with SOMETHING.

Front end pitching -- it would have to be someone like Tillman/Arrieta -- with MIL adding something as well.

Why in the world would we? Sherrill + top 25 prospect for top 50 prospect. Thats awful. The well known pitching prospects are untouchable I think one of the insiders mentioned that. I don't mind expanding the deal, something like Sherill ++ for Escobar ++ but we have 6 days to figure this out and I hope something gets done. I want George to get a ring and I want a SS.

Seems odd, the Brewers have made it known that they're going for broke. They'll trade LaPorta, but will hold tight to the rest...I see where they're coming from, but if they're gonna go all out, they should do what they need to do.

In other words, Sherrill for Escobar :D

They're fresh off a sweep of the Cards... they believe themselves to be in the drivers seat now... we need them to struggle some over the few days..

I would do that deal. I would hate to make it but I would do it to get Gamel. For Escobar, I would try DHernandez in lieu of Tillman/Arrieta first.

Seriously guys...Tillman is a top 25 prospect and a top 10 pitcher. There's no way we add him with Sherrill for Gamel, when Gamel could be a DH in a few years.

Archived