Official 2019 Wins Prediction

TonySoprano

How many wins in 2019?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Win total?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/19 at 16:00

I'm going with 54.   And I would not be shocked if we don't get the #1 overall pick.   Detroit and Kansas City could be stiff competition, except they play in a pretty weak division and get to face each other 19 times.   We need one of them to go 13-6 or better against the other.

I thought we would better than last year a month ago.  But now with anyone with any  talent in the minors and injuries to Cobb, Nunez and  Trumbo along with Bundy not getting people out it looks bleak.  Only thing positive is Tilman isnt on the team.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

I thought we would better than last year a month ago.  But now with anyone with any  talent in the minors and injuries to Cobb, Nunez and  Trumbo along with Bundy not getting people out it looks bleak.  Only thing positive is Tilman isnt on the team.  

That's where I am with it. I was really hoping that some of the young "hungry" players would be in Baltimore...I don't think there are two players on the potential 25 man roster that will be in the majors in 5 years.

52. The law of averages says we can’t worse than last year, right?? In a cruel twist of fate, KC not only beats us with the WS on the line, but also beats us at stinking and ends up with 51 wins. 

And in milbest77’s soon-to-be-famous bonus special: We draft some completely random pitcher who isn’t even in the top-10 draft lists with the first overall pick in June? The word “analytics” will be code for “signable and cheap.” 

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

52. The law of averages says we can’t worse than last year, right?? In a cruel twist of fate, KC not only beats us with the WS on the line, but also beats us at stinking and ends up with 51 wins. 

And in milbest77’s soon-to-be-famous bonus special: We draft some completely random pitcher who isn’t even in the top-10 draft lists with the first overall pick in June? The word “analytics” will be code for “signable and cheap.” 

Folks will go bonkers if the O's don't spend at least 90% of their pool.

o

Since I already predicted that Dylan Bundy would the first Orioles pitcher to win 20 or more games in a season since Mike Boddicker did it in 1984, I am going to go ahead and predict that these Hoboken Zephyrs will have a winning season.

86 - 76.

Image result for Hoboken Zephyrso

o

I predicted 60 on the dot, partly out of optimism, partly out of my belief that if they make it there it'll be because they got better as the year goes along.  I'm fully expecting the beginnings are going to be rough, very rough, because the talent isn't good.  But, hopefully with some younger, hungrier players, a new coaching staff, and some progression over the course of a long season, as the season gets into the second half things will come together.