Did Ron Washington learn anything in Oakland?

Sports Guy

As much as I love Palmer, he does have an alarmingly Morgan-esque affinity for small ball. He spent a few minutes admiring Washington's strategy on today's game.
Really? I heard Palmer questioning Washington when he bunted in the first.

As much as I love Palmer, he does have an alarmingly Morgan-esque affinity for small ball. He spent a few minutes admiring Washington's strategy on today's game.

It seems every time a team (including ours) sacrifice bunts, especially early, Palmer says that when he pitched he loved getting free outs and thought bunting was a stupid strategy. That seems to make sense to me.

Hiring former A's coaches and managers usually comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the A's do business. They're a top-down team that gets instructions and strategies from Beane. The manager is there to make sure the organizational philosophy is followed, and the minute he starts deviating from that he's gone. He's not there to freelance and make up strategies on his own.

When let loose from those restraints you have no idea how he'll manage, and the Rangers are seeing the result of rolling the dice with Washington.

Hiring former A's coaches and managers usually comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the A's do business. They're a top-down team that gets instructions and strategies from Beane. The manager is there to make sure the organizational philosophy is followed, and the minute he starts deviating from that he's gone. He's not there to freelance and make up strategies on his own.

When let loose from those restraints you have no idea how he'll manage, and the Rangers are seeing the result of rolling the dice with Washington.

Before getting hired by the Ranger's what was Ron Washington's claim to fame? Hitting ground balls to Eric Chavez? That team is dysfunctional with Washington leading the way. There is way too much talent on that team for it to be in last place.

Before getting hired by the Ranger's what was Ron Washington's claim to fame? Hitting ground balls to Eric Chavez? That team is dysfunctional with Washington leading the way. There is way too much talent on that team for it to be in last place.

Their starting 1B, 2B, and 3B'man and a Starter plus a Reliever they were counting on is on the DL...

Mark Texiera is on the 15-day DL.

Ian Kinsler is on the 15 day DL.

Hank Blalock is on the 60-day DL.

Vicente Padilla is on the 15-day DL.

Josh Rupe is on the 60-day DL.

Archived