Hunter Harvey 2019

wildcard

On 6/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, Satyr3206 said:

Throwing 3 innings at full bore may be just as stressful as 6 or 7 as a starter. Who knows? Let him make it through the Season and decide then.

If rosters go to 26, could you stack him and Bundy if Bundy continues to fall apart late? Bundy could go 5, Harvey at 3, then someone for the ninth. 

4 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

If rosters go to 26, could you stack him and Bundy if Bundy continues to fall apart late? Bundy could go 5, Harvey at 3, then someone for the ninth. 

I'd want to pitch Harvey every three days if the plan was to have him go three innings each time out. 

Theoretically some of those outings could be 1-2 innings depending on how well the bullpen is rested and whether we are significantly ahead or behind. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, weams said:

... and this is the smartest organizational move for Harvey all things considered. I like Elias more and more. I hope he will be our closer of the future and hopefully, it will help him to stay healthy. We'll see, but absolutely love this and, IMO, it's the right decision to make.

11 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

So little discussion regarding the promotion?

Still hoping he can get through the season healthy and that they don’t rush him because of the lack of options. OTOH, it wouldn’t be horrible if he continues to progress at Norfolk in his current role and is a Sept call up.

In other news, Chris Lee is still around?