Hunter Harvey 2019

wildcard

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh.

Carry on.

On a serious note he's going to have to start missing bats if he's going to catch my eye.

He doesn’t need to start.   He had struck out 19 in 12.2 before tonight.   While allowing 11 runs and 21 hits and 4 homers.   I’ll take today’s performance over those, any day.   

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Most effective start of the year for Harvey: 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K’s.   75 pitches, 46 strikes.    I know chicks love the strikeouts, but I love goose eggs on the scoreboard.   

Im guessing his pitch count will be closer to 100 in the summer, which makes you wonder how soon he'll be called up to Baltimore after that. 

Just now, jabba72 said:

Im guessing his pitch count will be closer to 100 in the summer, which makes you wonder how soon he'll be called up to Baltimore after that. 

They seem to be holding everyone down below 80 pitches for the time being.     For me, Harvey isn’t getting called up anytime soon.   Let him build up innings (he managed 32.1 last year before getting hurt), gain experience and start seeing some results.    When he’s getting AA hitters out consistently we can discuss next steps.    For now, he’s a talented, inexperienced kid who has a 5.60 ERA, 1.53 WHIP and is giving up 11.2 hits and 2.0 homers per 9 IP.   I was glad to see him have a good start, but we need to see those on a consistent basis before worrying about next steps.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

They seem to be holding everyone down below 80 pitches for the time being.     For me, Harvey isn’t getting called up anytime soon.   Let him build up innings (he managed 32.1 last year before getting hurt), gain experience and start seeing some results.    When he’s getting AA hitters out consistently we can discuss next steps.    For now, he’s a talented, inexperienced kid who has a 5.60 ERA, 1.53 WHIP and is giving up 11.2 hits and 2.0 homers per 9 IP.   I was glad to see him have a good start, but we need to see those on a consistent basis before worrying about next steps.   

I agree Harvey shouldnt be called up until he strings together a number of quality starts, getting AA hitters out. No reason to rush him before that. Do you think Harvey and Lowther skip AAA or not?

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I agree Harvey shouldnt be called up until he strings together a number of quality starts, getting AA hitters out. No reason to rush him before that. Do you think Harvey and Lowther skip AAA or not?

I personally don't see either of them skipping AAA.  If Keegan Akin didn't skip, I don't think they will.  Based on who was sent down after spring training I think Elias values the AAA experience.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

I personally don't see either of them skipping AAA.  If Keegan Akin didn't skip, I don't think they will.  Based on who was sent down after spring training I think Elias values the AAA experience.

Agreed.    Of course, it depends on circumstances.    Harvey’s in his second option year, so there could be some incentive to test him. 

• Like 1

• Luke-OH changed the title to Hunter Harvey 2019

Harvey got smacked around today, allowing 6 runs, 5 hits, 3 walks and  3 homers in 2.2 innings.    And, only one strikeout.   He only threw 30 of 61 pitches for strikes.   Huge step backwards after his last outing.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Harvey got smacked around today, allowing 6 runs, 5 hits, 3 walks and  3 homers in 2.2 innings.    And, only one strikeout.   He only threw 30 of 61 pitches for strikes.   Huge step backwards after his last outing.   

The first pitch of the game was launched for a home run.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

2 of the HR's were hit by Jacob Heyward, Jason's brother who's hitting everyone at a .351 clip.

Harvey had an excellent outing tonight, tossing 6 innings of 2-hit shutout ball, striking out 5 while walking 1.    That’s two great outings surrounding an awful one — hopefully we can start seeing more consistency from Harvey.   

• Upvote 2