Ofelky Peralta 2019

Frobby

Peralta threw six innings of one-hit, shutout ball last night, striking out eight. He walked four and threw 57 of his 93 pitches for strikes. Not a huge fan of the walks, but if he’s going to be that stingy with the hits, no complaints.

Final line: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 8 K. Now 4–0 on the season with an ERA of 1.51.

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 12:58 AM, Luke-OH said:

The concern here is that this has happened before, he has a history of wearing down and losing his mechanics. I need to watch a recent start to see what’s up.

I just want to see the dude get out of Delmarva and have success at A+. Would they let him relieve to finish out the year?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Peralta had a second straight good outing, 6 shutout innings on 3 hits and 2 walks.    He only struck out 2, but I’ll take it.   

Fastball was 92-97, mostly 94-96. Difficultly throwing the slider or curve for competitive pitches (hence the lack of strikeouts). The intermittent rain might have been a factor. Changeup was inconsistent as well, fringy, good arm speed though and some for strikes. It's really a reliever look for me, although there is a chance he turns into Mike Baumann in a year or two, but that would be a really slow progression for a guy who'll need to be on the 40 man and Baumann still has plenty of relief risk. In the 5th it was raining and it seemed like it was going to be his last inning before a delay, he went almost all fastballs and was 95-97 every pitch with directional command. I'd like to see him in max effort relief and pick one breaking ball, use the changeup as a show me pitch. 

17 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Fastball was 92-97, mostly 94-96. Difficultly throwing the slider or curve for competitive pitches (hence the lack of strikeouts). The intermittent rain might have been a factor. Changeup was inconsistent as well, fringy, good arm speed though and some for strikes. It's really a reliever look for me, although there is a chance he turns into Mike Baumann in a year or two, but that would be a really slow progression for a guy who'll need to be on the 40 man and Baumann still has plenty of relief risk. In the 5th it was raining and it seemed like it was going to be his last inning before a delay, he went almost all fastballs and was 95-97 every pitch with directional command. I'd like to see him in max effort relief and pick one breaking ball, use the changeup as a show me pitch. 

Am I setting the bar too high to think good Edwin Diaz? ;)

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Let’s hope he fares better this time!

He's making the start for Frederick today. I'm surprised they promoted Peralta before Rom and GrayRod. Maybe Sig and Elias believe Peralta is more equipped to handle Frederick considering his experience at that level.