DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Ugh. Another ugly looking play. You better hit the cover off the ball if you are going to make highlight reel bad plays every couple of weeks 

He’s starting to come around at the plate, but he’s not this bad defensively. Don’t hold me to that if it continues.

?

18 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

He’s starting to come around at the plate, but he’s not this bad defensively. Don’t hold me to that if it continues.

?

Yeah, I choose to believe the scouting over what I have seen from him defensively this month. That said, yikes.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

I remember Clank, but he did give us 10.7 WAR in his first three years. If DJ can contribute that, he's worth starting overall.

"Hey Curt, want to go in and pick out a new glove?" Paraphrase of Frank Robinson to Cur Blefary as the O's bus passed a dump in New Jersey.

3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Maybe he should try catching with two hands, or perhaps slow pitch softball

I have been 100% consistent since the day he was drafted that he is not a ML outfielder

Slow, with no arm, and not able to  catch popups is no way to go thru life son.

You are certainly consistent.  No one questions that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Maybe he should try catching with two hands, or perhaps slow pitch softball

I have been 100% consistent since the day he was drafted that he is not a ML outfielder

Slow, with no arm, and not able to  catch popups is no way to go thru life son.

I don't think he's slow.

Man, the day you post something positive is the day a unicorn will fart out a rainbow.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think he's slow.

Man, the day you post something positive is the day a unicorn will fart out a rainbow.   

I am very positive and a supporter of Santandar, Mancini (as a 1B), Nunez (as a DH), and even hold out hope for Ruiz

I like Villar, Alberto, and hold out hope that Richie Martin can be a league average SS

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think he's slow.

I am pretty positive about us getting another 1:1 or 1:2 draft pick next year.  Does that count?   ;)

• Upvote 1

Poor DJ has provided a lot of ammunition to his critics the last few weeks.    

I’ll just say this.    The guy has played about 400 games in the outfield in the minors.    I’ll defer to the people who have watched him a lot down there, rather than putting too much weight on a couple of clumsy plays he’s made during his brief time in the majors. But I’ll certainly admit that he hasn’t looked great out there in the 25 games he’s played the OF in the majors.  Let’s hope he gets his act together.   

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll just say this.    The guy has played about 400 games in the outfield in the minors.    I’ll defer to the people who have watched him a lot down there, rather than putting too much weight on a couple of clumsy plays he’s made during his brief time in the majors. But I’ll certainly admit that he hasn’t looked great out there in the 25 games he’s played the OF in the majors.  Let’s hope he gets his act together.   

Hey, if he can get through this and be productive next season - which I think is a reasonable expectation, I see him as being a fan favorite.  There's clearly no question about his effort out in the field, and he has some ability - being a former 1st rounder who had a very good season in AAA.  .  

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In Frederick and Bowie, I always thought his bat was a lot better than his defense. He left a lot to be desired.