Bruce Zimmermann 2019

weams

20 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You can basically pick any player and after a strong night someone is calling for promotion, but 135 IP is a full season. He’s no kid. 

I think we may be undervaluing the importance of Sig being able to to build a database of these guys at an “appropriate” level. Let’s say we push him and he starts throwing less of his secondaries. 

This is my tinfoil theory for any players and promotions this year. They want a full year data set at one level. This way they have more of predictive model going forward, and can also make the appropriate suggestions to players. 

18 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

Agreed!!!!

Yeah good post.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, cboemmeljr said:

Who do you see them replacing on the Tides roster?

In light of the MLB baseball being used in AAA, is it wise to possibly undo in about 1 month what they have done this season?

You can move Herb back down to Bowie or to the bullpen, put Ortiz in the bullpen.  That's two easy spots opened up.  I guess I'm not in love with the strategy of hiding our pitching prospects from the ball that they will actually have to use to get major league hitters out. 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, cboemmeljr said:

Who do you see them replacing on the Tides roster?

In light of the MLB baseball being used in AAA, is it wise to possibly undo in about 1 month what they have done this season?

At the moment, they probably should just promote Wells. Kremer, Lowther, and Zimmermann all have fairly high WHIPs at the moment (1.18, 1.19, and 1.21 each respectively). I don't think that bodes well for AAA with the way the new balls have flown out of the ballpark this season. 

55 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

At the moment, they probably should just promote Wells. Kremer, Lowther, and Zimmermann all have fairly high WHIPs at the moment (1.18, 1.19, and 1.21 each respectively). I don't think that bodes well for AAA with the way the new balls have flown out of the ballpark this season. 

Not that I put a ton of value into the WHIP stat but I don't consider these numbers to be high. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Zimmermann had a bit of a tough outing today, piggybacking off Nate Karns.    Z’s line: 4 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K’s.   All the runs were scored in Zimmermann’s second inning of work, which featured 2 hits, 2 walks, 3 errors (2 by Zimmermann), and a wild pitch.     Messy.

44 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but the Baysox starting pitcher had a good start.

Zimmermann had a 7 inning complete game shutout (first game of a doubleheader), allowing 5 hits and 1 walk and striking out 4 over 84 pitches.

This guy might make the Gausman trade not a complete bust

Glad to see one of Bowie’s pitchers get promoted.   Zimmermann has made 28 starts in AA, so it might as well be him.    I’m guessing Lowther, Wells and Kremer open there next year too.   Not sure about Sedlock or Baumann, who will only have about a half season of AA under their belts.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Glad to see one of Bowie’s pitchers get promoted.   Zimmermann has made 28 starts in AA, so it might as well be him.    I’m guessing Lowther, Wells and Kremer open there next year too.   Not sure about Sedlock or Baumann, who will only have about a half season of AA under their belts.   

Baumann could start in Bowie and end up in Norfolk quickly next season.

Sedlock...Probably depends on if they want him as a starter or reliever.